MAC OS X - Long waiting time after activating huge mods
Hey there,

I am new here and haven't discovered how to perform a search accordingly through topics. I'm terribly sorry about that.

My question is probably a repetition of previously discussed similar cases, but I would like to know if someone has faced something similar to this one.

I've got a MAC, and I am aware that the crushing majority of people usually play games on Windows, so I am already planning my finances to purchase a cool gaming PC. The thing is: I can run small mods in Banished. Everything is updated, both the game version and mods (I hope so about the last). We also all know that CC and MM are huge, but CC is significantly smaller than MM. Yet I cannot start the game due to infinite waiting time on a black screen after activating the mod, even with CC. Consider 'infinite' 15 minutes. And yes, I deactivate all other mods when activating huge ones.

I have already read about people suggesting to be patient, to switch between DX9 and DX11, to go get a coffee and chill. Maybe I'm not being patient enough, or there is indeed a problem there, given the smaller size of CC.

Any suggestions? Is there anyone who got CC and MM running on Macs? To run Banished, I have purchased the game on GOG.com and use Porting Kit, so I just copy the mod files and paste in the proper folder (I think it is WinData its name, just like on Windows).

I appreciate the time you reserved to read through this.

Messages In This Thread
MAC OS X - Long waiting time after activating huge mods - by meloof1 - 07-31-2019, 09:46 PM