Buildings layout on map

A few things about the storage barns I forgot. 

I used only the specialized storage options.  I used only three maybe four General storage barns, early in the game, and deleted two of them. lol.  I found the leanto for food is awesome, and replaced the general storage barns with fields of specialized leanto's.  I found it was much easier to keep track of how much food storage I really needed.  And what types of storage I needed for the food as well. I found protein storage was always overloaded, and grain storage was almost nil.  I put fields of food storage at the trading posts, again the leanto's were my goto for this as well. But I was using CC1.76 with the MM8.01 I would have used RK's specialized storage warehouses instead of leanto's.  I would put one general food warehouse, two or three protein, one grain, one veg and one fruit by the traders.  Again, I would follow that same formula, when I played with RKEC (RedKetchupsEditorsChoice)mod.  Everywhere I had food building, or a trading post.   I would also try to leave extra spaces to add more narrow food storage.  I used the tool/clothing narrow storage warehouses all over the place.  Again, eliminating the general storage barns is awesome.  Idk why, probably on account of programming, but the Bannies prefer to fill up general storage barns and stockyards over the specialized options provided.  So by not making Generalized storage or stockyards, you can force them to use the specialized.

Messages In This Thread
Buildings layout on map - by Kyana - 09-18-2018, 05:27 PM
Buildings layout on map - by stiles - 09-18-2018, 11:01 PM
Buildings layout on map - by Kyana - 09-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Buildings layout on map - by stiles - 09-20-2018, 01:48 PM
Buildings layout on map - by Kyana - 09-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Buildings layout on map - by stiles - 09-22-2018, 02:16 PM
Buildings layout on map - by maiden4meldin - 12-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Buildings layout on map - by maiden4meldin - 12-12-2018, 11:32 AM