Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods

Banished is no triple A title, we know, but we don't mind. It's a wonderful game. So I was asked why we make Colonial Charter and the answer is, because of you.

We've sunk thousands of hours into creating <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. Even we make time to fit it into our lives as best we can, which can be difficult as we have many commitments.

The combination of being in a team with great people, having a great community around, and enjoying research and mod development is what keeps us motivated. 

Producing the New Frontier mod felt like the next level for me personally. I could see that our original vision was coming to fruition. With The Forge Awakens we refined what we had and continued to build on the mod.

As I mentioned, it's a huge amount of work. I don't know how to describe it exactly, other than saying 1.6 has some 40,000 files inside it. To manage it all we had to learn how to use Github, it's a team code development system. It's helped us out a great deal.

I want to personally thank those of you who donated. It really really helps. I also want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas. I know that's politically incorrect, so if you don't celebrate Christmas, I just generally wish you all the very best. I hope you have some nice people nearby and you get to eat nice things - whether you celebrate or not.

So, to answer the question of why we make <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, in closing I'd like to say it's because of you and people like you. If you weren't here, we wouldn't be either.

So thank you and take care [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Messages In This Thread
Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods - by ShockPuppet - 11-27-2016, 02:37 AM
Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods - by DesoPL - 12-05-2016, 01:54 AM
Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods - by Paeng - 12-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods - by Trasd - 12-09-2016, 06:28 PM