Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods

Quote:
On 12/7/2016 at 5:13 AM, KevinTheCynic said:

I'm one of those people who likes the town building genre but gets a bit annoyed at having to meet game goals to proceed. As much as I enjoyed/still enjoy Sim City, Cities XL, Cities XXL and Cities: Skylines, they all suffer from this concept - reach a certain milestone before new buildings/facilities/resources get unlocked.

Banished was almost a dream come true because it did not have those restrictions in place, I played it for a while but because I got into the game some time after it was released, mods had started to appear. I'm not one who really cares about the achievements that are so popular these days in games and game providers like Steam, frankly the achievements seem to be completely pointless to me. So when it comes to having the achievements or having the mods, the mods win every time... every... single... time!

I had already been using mods very early in my game time with Banished and then I discovered Colonial Charter. More buildings, more crops, more animals, more decorations. It was wonderful. Then I found the Fountain Mod, New Medieval Town, Lots Of Seeds, Small Village, Rowhouses and more so I could get a much greater variety and the diversity of buildings I wanted. I now have a few mods that are in every town I start, for me there is no choice, they are "must have" mods.

I don't have a single achievement listed for Banished, but I got a lot of mods and Colonial Charter is the core around which every other mod revolves!

Well Said [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Messages In This Thread
Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods - by DesoPL - 12-05-2016, 01:54 AM
Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods - by rejectedegg - 12-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods - by Paeng - 12-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Why we make Colonial Charter and Mods - by Trasd - 12-09-2016, 06:28 PM