Fatal Access Violation

Hi all,

I know that there are other threads for this particular problem so I apologize for any redundancy. But I could really use someone's help. I posted a discussion on the Steam page of Colonial Charter 1.76 but no one has seemed to reply or maybe they don't know what I am talking about. But, to start off, please know that I am not super advanced when it comes to tech speak, that was my main issue with some of the other threads on this topic, I just simply could not understand what some people were talking about. I would say I'm intermediate at best. I love Banished, it's an amazing game and I finally bought it a few months ago on Steam. I keep it up to date and do not have any issues with gameplay in Vanilla mode. But I wanted some variety and tried to install Colonial Charter 1.76 about a month ago. The startup was normal, no issues. But after I tried to enable the mod and the game tries to restart, I get a "Fatal Access Violation" message and my game crashes. I have tried to look up tutorials on installing mods, thinking I was just missing something, but all the ones I have found are the same or download the mods from the Black Liquid website, so they weren't helpful. I have no other mods installed or subscribed to on Steam. I am playing on a laptop and thought that might be the problem but others have told me it works fine on laptops so I just don't know what to do. Please, please help if you can. Again I am sorry about the redundant thread but I'm getting desperate here. My computer specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5, CPU @1.60 GHz 1.80 GHz, RAM 8 GB, 64-bit operating system, Windows 10. Please let me know if any of you have ideas on what I can do or if I should give up on trying mods. Thank you for your time.

Also, I did get it to load up one time but as soon as the game saved, it crashed again and I haven't been able to get it to work again since

Messages In This Thread
Fatal Access Violation - by bumble_bri95 - 11-14-2018, 04:33 AM
Fatal Access Violation - by estherhb - 11-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Fatal Access Violation - by stiles - 11-14-2018, 05:47 PM