PLAYING CC with THE NORTH

THIS IS <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> 1.61 THE FORGE AWAKENS WITH THE NORTH plus several other mods.

After several mod re-downloads and shuffling my mod order multiple times,and a war with a dictator<jk/lol>, i did get the 2 mods to work together.i downloaded the newest version i found. then reloaded to the newest beta version. i also added the russian house,as it was newer than the NORTH version. i like having the debug active,not to cheat but its handy to check new mods out with.place <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> above The North and turn off all other nordic mods(or you get small funny toolbar icons).with the NORTH above,the game errored and kicked me out.

there are sveral differences. subtle changes to some map window terrain,some of the bushes look different,way the snow looks on fields and roads,deer look like reindeer but do not give fur only leather. the stat box has several changes: the calendar now reads by month not seasons and all the icons are shuffled around- food is where the firewood was,logs is where food was,etc. the profession's box has several additions to it, enough that the box is much larger. this covers where i usually have the stat window. opening a few buildings,i noticed the iron icon on the build menus has changed. we also now have a few extra icons under the remove toolbar- quick placeale hunter and crayfish catcher,as well as a firewood gatherer.

Please note this is based on the 1st game with both mods active.you would think the game would load the game play of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and just add on buildings fromTHE NORTH that weren't included. This is not totally the case. As i said the deer are changed. thou i have only checked the mini fisherman,fish are now salmon plus a flyfisherman that catches trout. The hunters all seem to have increased productions. Even the small circle placeable hunter is very productive for such a small area. I assume that it's understood he works a larger area than the placed circle. I did place it near 5 or 6 deer,but even after those were gone the production did not drop off. Even the mini fisherman had a production boost,thou not as dramatic. thou i could have affected it by my game play, the builders seem slower but laborers seem faster. so the game plays faster and slower at the same time. hope that makes sence. traders seem to come less often than just <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

climate and field differences: I chose mild climate as that seemed to fit where i live. I did not realize the changes that the NORTH would affect until i started playing. Playing the NORTH before i noticed i had to adjust the climate up a level to be accurate to my local. I may decide to do that in future games. the temp thru the winter is close to here. However,the summer seems about 10 degrees f and august seems to start fall. temps in august here is 80-90,more like mid summer yet. in game august was 55-65 degrees. fields harvested closer to the begnning of september.overall yields per field is a bout 50% compared to playing with just <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. where i used to figure 1 farmer per 5 ppl, i'd be figuring double that at least.

JUST figured i'd log this in case others want to try the 2 mods together. and to give new players a heads up on some of the differences. It's not to say the changes are good or bad. I was surprised how much THE NORTH did override the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. That was not expected. I haven't played this way long enough to say it is harder or easier than before overall. It's just different and with anything it takes time to adjust ones style of gameplay to that. I do hope as TOM updates and adds to this mod that he also updates the beta versions as well.

Messages In This Thread
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by stiles - 01-05-2017, 03:39 PM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by KevinTheCynic - 01-05-2017, 06:18 PM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by stiles - 01-05-2017, 09:40 PM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by KevinTheCynic - 01-05-2017, 10:34 PM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by stiles - 01-07-2017, 09:09 AM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by stiles - 01-08-2017, 03:01 PM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by ShockPuppet - 01-08-2017, 03:22 PM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by stiles - 01-08-2017, 04:07 PM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by KevinTheCynic - 01-08-2017, 07:18 PM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by Paeng - 01-09-2017, 05:10 AM
PLAYING CC with THE NORTH - by KevinTheCynic - 01-09-2017, 06:26 AM