Ambient sounds

^^ i succeeded to have it spam lol

yeah it is annoying. and the float _chance = 0.02; doesnt work for buildings

so only thing left is to put a silence. i did test a 2mins silence and yes , the uncompressed wave jumped from 97,7kb to 2,53mb but...

but... the xWMAEncode.exe is compressing the wav, specially compressing alot the silence so ...

my mod passed from 6,30mb to 6,31mb with the 2 mins sound

thats nothing [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
24 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

^^ i succeeded to have it spam lol

yeah it is annoying. and the float _chance = 0.02; doesnt work for buildings

so only thing left is to put a silence. i did test a 2mins silence and yes , the uncompressed wave jumped from 97,7kb to 2,53mb but...

but... the xWMAEncode.exe is compressing the wav, specially compressing alot the silence so ...

my mod passed from 6,30mb to 6,31mb with the 2 mins sound

thats nothing [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

What are the settings you used for the wav?

the wav i found is mono 16bit : bell.wav 4.3 sec long 

i took soundforge and i made it ring 3 times (13sec long)

and then i calculated 2 mins, 120sec minus 13 sec and i added 107 sec of silence.

but instead to add the silence at the end and have the building start to sound as you put the footprint on the ground .... i ve put the 107 sec first at begining and the 3 ding at the end in the last 13 sec [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> that way, it will mostly start to sound... only once it has been built since a while ^^

you can test it : bell2.wav

the .wav is alot bigger, but once processed by the toolkit, it is like nothing

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-fileid="954" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=954">BellEffect.rsc</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-fileid="953" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=953">bell2.wav</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-fileid="952" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=952">Bell.wav</a>

i ve put 2 mins long... but if you want me to make another of 60 sec or 90 sec... just say [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> and i ll do it.

personally i love it at 2 mins [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> it doesnt stress at all [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

oh you guys, this thread makes me wish i could afford to donate! flat freaking broke right now, but when tax returns arrive, i will pitch in (just dough, i have no useful coding/modding skills) until then, thanks to all who work so generously and tirelessly for banished.

The one problem with adding silence that way is it has to be added to EVERY file we want to loop in an unannoying way. Will the code allow us to reference multiple sound files so that we only need one silent file?

I have a bunch of RL work to get done this weekend, but I intend on hitting the studio to kick out a few new sounds I have in mind. I have a great one for the blacksmith, I think I have good ideas for most of the industrial stuff.  I will make them and put them into a Dropbox here so that any of the developers can use it for thier mods. 

Quote:
31 minutes ago, The Pilgrim said:

The one problem with adding silence that way is it has to be added to EVERY file we want to loop in an unannoying way. Will the code allow us to reference multiple sound files so that we only need one silent file?

It kind of works with animals but they have a special list of animations and a sound can be attached only once to each.

Often when we make lists (arrays) in banished, when it's expecting a single item, we get crashes. It will need to be tested but I think it's not possible 

i can test at some point... i have one 2 mins with 3 dings at the end... and before i did one of 2 mins with only 1 ding at the end...

i just need to add the array to have the 2 sounds.

and i have the original with only 1 ding, 4sec, no silence