New Game Settings - Terrain, Climate, Size, Starting Conditions

you could look into adding the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> terrain addon mod above the others.it might solve the snow issue,if that is 1 of the terrains.not sure if t would overide the RK fodder grass thou.

Quote:
1 hour ago, stiles said:

you could look into adding the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> terrain addon mod above the others.it might solve the snow issue,if that is 1 of the terrains.not sure if t would overide the RK fodder grass thou.

The <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Terrains mod ONLY includes terrains and won't affect the climates [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> 

I wish this list included descriptions for the terrain types.

Flat Plains vs Verdant Plains

Mountains vs Bleak Mountains

etc

While the name itself may seem self explanatory for some, I wish I had more specifics for what to expect.

The best way to discover the differences is to start a game using each terrain so you can look around. 

1 thing i wish we could control the settings separately without overriding other mods.say we could have mods that controlled just the climate. add a mod to change terrains,and others that add or change plants and animals. whereas now,a terrain mod will over ride parts of another mod.for instance,the multiple start mod alters the number of start bannies.the way the game works,it loads that start and skips any other mods.say you have mods A,B,C,etc. the game won't add them together even if all have a medium start. it reads mod A and stops so it doesn't load the rest.

just think players would have more control if they could load climate,terrain,and terrain textures separate.then the game could add plants from A+B+C or animals,trees,etc.  been nice if LUKE had gave a way for players to choose from a list even.

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> does a good job of giving players multiple settings.some players computers won't handle the mod size. taking say the shipwreck start out of the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.it will work but with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> settings.adding the shpwreck start to another mod like the North means you change things from the North mod.1 of the limits of the game itself.

There is so much we would have liked Luke to add. Unfortunately he just wasn't interested in making Banished even better. At least he made an OK mod kit which allows modders, using creativity, ingenuity and hard work, to do some wonderful things.

I really like the "Very Harsh" climate setting, together with "Cold Valleys" and "hard start" this simulates very well fighting against your environment.

If I would like to change the lower and/or higher temperature values - would that be a 'simple' edit with the toolkit or a deeper operation?

Regards,

XSamatan

For most of us, there is no "simple" edits. However you can take a look at the modkit and see whether you find it something you can use to create a mod that changes the environments in vanilla Banished.  The modkit cannot be used to modify mods created by others, unless they are willing to give you the code.  

If you want a more difficult game, you might want to try Tom Sawyer's The North mode. I've never played it, but I hear it is more difficult since it tries to realistically model a harsh climate.  We don't recommend that you use it with the Colonial Charter mods however. You could also add to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> one of the More Food mods from Kralyerg's Kave of Krazy Kontraptions; there are 2 - one where people require 125% more food and another requiring 150% more food HERE.  That mod would go above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> in your mod list.

Quote:
5 hours ago, estherhb said:

The modkit cannot be used to modify mods created by others, unless they are willing to give you the code.  

Ok, didn't notice this!

Thank you very much for the recommendations, will try Kralyerg's stuff out - Banished without <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is not to my liking.

Regards,

XSamatan

Hi, for some reason I only see HTML garble instead of actual values. Is there a browser I should be using for these forums?