Create a building producing resource from other mod .

If I want to create a new building which produces resource from other mod, I should ask the mod developer for the mod resource.

I don't want to change any parameter from the resource, but let them produced by my new building.

Is there any way just referenced the .pkm file?[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

All I know is we can reference "storage" section, but we can't reference any section associated with "Model".[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846341d6f454_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic478.png[/img]

no way you can reference a resource inside another mod.pkm. 

or you need a copy of all these files....

or you just click ignore in the mod kit and let compile anyway through the end. then after if you dont want to crash in game, you absolutely need to have the other mod.pkm in mod list ontop of your mod.pkm.

One thing I've done sometimes: Take a vanilla resource file, like RawMaterialStone.rsc. Rename it to the filename of the resource you want to use, like RawMaterialLumber.rsc, and do nothing else to it.

Then your game will compile fine, and you can test things. But the "Lumber" in your game will still say "Stone" in inventory, and look like stone. But when you place a mod above yours in the modlist, then it will override your fake Lumber and magically become the real Lumber resource (when you start a new game with the two mods in the correct order).

But, like Ketchup said, without the actual files themselves, you can't grab pieces from other mods to include it in your own.

yes that too [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> and probably the best . do a fake while copying a vanilla one, and when the real mod will be ON ontop of your mod, the real design will appear.

Thanks, guys.

Well,It looks like I still need to ask mod maker for the resource file.

Can I just ask for .rsc file instead of all mod resource (.fbx, .png....)?[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

PS: Who is <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> mod developer?[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Quote:
2 minutes ago, skywillnosky said:

Can I just ask for .rsc file instead of all mod resource (.fbx, .png....)?[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

PS: Who is <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> mod developer?

Pretty much everyone is lol, but me, kralyerg, savagebeatings, brockenspectre and gixen are the official devs.

I will send you a PM