Has something changed with food production since cc 1.5?

I am just wondering! I haven't played quite a while, but I thought I'd still the hang of it to feed the peeps. Alas, after I failed a second time (all fertile peeps gone), I am not so sure anymore. Were there any changes I am not aware of?

Actually its easier to make food, very much like 1.62

Quote:
16 hours ago, Denis de la Rive said:

Actually its easier to make food, very much like 1.62

I agree with Denis, many things are easier, and there is a lot more variety available. When I updated from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> New Frontier to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> The Forge Awakens, I also had problems with long-term survival. (mine was not food, it was fuel - my folks froze to death, despite 7 fully staffed foresters and 8 fully staffed saw mills)

Turns out it was mod order. If you had things like better fields, check where they are in your mod list. I gave up (kinda) on trying to understand how to order my mod list because I have never really found good guidance on where stuff goes and why (it felt too much like trial and error). Now I just use MegaMod. It includes SO MUCH, and is so convenient to use, it really makes the game easier and far richer. 

Turned out I was too greedy, making my fields too big and inefficient.

Quote:
On 2017-02-06 at 4:01 AM, Zharkov said:

Turned out I was too greedy, making my fields too big and inefficient.

Try toggling the pickup button, it's one of the buttons on the farm detail popup and was a relatively new addition to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. Instead of having the farmer be responsible for harvesting and storing the food, they will just harvest and drop the food on the spot, and your free labourers will take it to storage. This frees up a lot of time for your farmers and allow them get way more harvesting done before winter. The harvested food will not go bad once winter hits, like it would if it was unharvested.