Orchard Tree Forester

How does the fruit production compare to a orchard?  Will the forester and gatherer produce more or less food as a equal amount of farmer's? 

No idea. Maybe <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> knows?  Otherwise, you'll need to try it and let the rest of us know [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I see these orchards need only logs and stones to be built.

Are they buildable even if we don't have the seeds ? Shouldn't it need fruits to be buildable ?

you do not need seeds for these. they will grow and plant fruit trees just like the foresters. you will need a gatherer to harvest the fruits. it is somewhat of a cheat. or you think of it as the bannies propagting wild grapes and apple trees. maples and nuts grow wild anyhow too.

Quote:
On 22/05/2017 at 4:46 PM, stiles said:

you do not need seeds for these. […] it is somewhat of a cheat.

I see it like a cheat, but I like those wild round forest-orchads.

i know the feeling. i tried to do a mixture by overlapping several of them and have 1 forester plant a few years on each. if i had cleared the old trees 1st, it may have worked better. since though,NECORA made the maple and apple forest. don't think i have tried the other orchards since.

In my try of a Vegans 'town .. I put 3 foresters with olives, walnut ,apple at the beginning .. it's exact that the gatherers don't pick up the fruit.. but i have 5 different sort of gatherer. may be only one works only .. i was trying all the gatherer to see that !

i had issues with the items not being gathered. i think it is due to conflicts with other mods like the pine set. the new hobbit orchard grower mod added with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> solves this issue.

Ok! ok! ok!  I play only with one year one year and <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 07 on mod ..So I had tested all the gatherers except vanilla and only The 3 forest food gatherer don't pick up the fruits !!!

of course that was that one i used the first time..

I was testing the pine mod of Necora last week since 4 days...the house and nature was so very  beautiful !!

first time.. impossible to use and sell this f...g turpine .. So i looking for one issue and take the second mod..

Of course i must begin a second game..

Ok! i need the other  Necora  mod with all the buildings .. Eureka.. i may sell the production ( turpine and alcools ..bannies don't used too ! )with the Necora traders and MAY change food with SEED!! too much ! only a trouble for the bannies who dont' used  the charcoal  ...and i must do with coke fuel..

..and begin a big city...

but my computer crashed  after every only manuel  save only less 400 bannies.. i play only with the low speed of 1 instead of 2 when the  population grown..

i had tried 5 times and the save crashed every time.. when i made my first city medieval of 5000 bannies with only <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 06  so .. i stop the Necora mod..

did you add the recommended compatability 1.07 mod that is step 1. mod order???  pine mod should be at the top. does your computer shuffle the mod order when it crashed? mine is known to do that and it is subtle. might swap just 2 mods,but in mid-game you will find problems.