domesticated animals??

aight, this is the town I am talking about (see file). Notice the storage barns, they have quite a few domesticated animals in them. I am using Ridiculous storage, I don't have a wild shepherd. 

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1179">Save4.sav</a>

Quote:
3 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

I have a lazy Shepherd ...  He won't be given a promotion any time soon!  Haha.

I think he should have found some by now, but I have to wonder - How far does he have to go to reach home?  Where would he have to go to drop the Domesticated Animals if he found one?  Since the Domesticated Animals are all over the map, and he covers a very large radius, try deleting this one and putting it at the edge of town near a house and within a market circle. 

Will do, about to expand to a new territory, so will do that.  Set up a market first, then add his building, then add his house.  And storage, I use the little ones, and normally drop some around the area.  I see him idling a lot!  Haha, cheeky begger!! 

Quick ques, will it work in a regrowth area, so where I have foresters, etc, or, only on fresh/virgin land?

I can set him up with my foresters outpost where there is lots of activity and every now & then I go in and "clear all".

The invisible Domesticated Animals are placed on the map when it is 1st created. They don't respawn like herbs or trees.  The radius for the Wild Shepherd covers most of a map. You can put him near your town or in your forest node.  

Can anybody please tell me where I can find this building, Wild shepherd. I cannot find it anywhere...[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

It's in the Resource Production tab (the one with a pine tree and a rock). The Wild Shepherd tab has a shepherd's hook - 2nd tab from the right.

Thank you, now I found it... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

*light bulb moment

Does it matter the loading order for the Shepherd?  Must <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> be the starting map?  I use <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a>start conditions so I can use his docks & bridges.  

If it is based on a starting map, then there is the answer as to why he's not working!!

However, he's not as lazy as I thought, he gathered 6 logs last season!!!

Yes, they are generated when the map is loaded. If you're not using a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> map, then there will be nothing to collect. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />