Getting the Steam download working?

I have subscribed to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7 and yet steam will not download it at all.  When I go into mods it shows none installed and no progress on the download meter.  

This will be the first mod I will ever have installed for banished.  Do you have to change settings in the main game somewhere?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.  

You could try unsubscribing to CC1.71 in the Steam Workshop, then download CC1.71 from the Download tab at the top of this forum. 

To help prevent crashes: When you open Banished, check the CC1.71 mod. Exit Banished completely before you start playing a new game. Then go back in.  

The other thing to check is to make sure you have set the Banished properties tab to opt into the Beta. From what I remember you need to do this to allow the Steam version to use mods otherwise they will not be accessible in game.

The following is cut & pasted from the Banished reddit page found in the link below: -

"To use the workshop beta you’ll have to opt into the Steam beta, by right clicking on the game in your Steam library, selecting properties, picking the BETAs tab, and picking the 1.0.4 Beta."

Note however that the version is now updated to 1.0.5. Beta

<iframe data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" scrolling="no" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Banished/comments/2hjjpd/steam_workshop_beta_blog_post/" style="height:128px;"></iframe>

Make sure you are using the current version of Banished: 1.0.6 Build 160521; it is indicated at the bottom of the opening screen. I use Steam and just verified that I have not opted into Betas.  Both mods downloaded from here and from the Workshop work just fine. 

When you download the mod from here, make sure you have extracted the file and placed it in your Banished>WinData folder.  (Mine is at Local Disk (C:)>Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Banished > WinData.  This folder should always contain: data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg.)

Ah that's interesting and very handy to know in regards to the beta opt in <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>, while I'm not in need of this myself, thanks for testing it and posting the info [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Steam does weird stuff and it's hard to know if what you did "fixed" it or it just felt like working finally.

On the subject of Steam and weird stuff, I've not had a single problem with the Steam version of Banished except for things that were my own fault (such as screwing up the load order) so all these problems that other Steam users have had or still have, I've never experienced them. Looks like I was one of the lucky ones [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />

Just to let you guys know.  I have now opted into beta.  Steam game says so in my library.  I have build 160521 and version 1.0.6.  I exited out of steam, subscribed and unsubscribed to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7.  Started the game and even made a new map.  Still the same problem.  Mods loaded.  none.  download 0% and steady.

I guess I will try to load it directly from this site? 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11597-drakken/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11597" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11597-drakken/">@Drakken</a> probably 90% of my mods are not from Steam but I do have a couple. Installing non-Steam mods is incredibly easy once you're familiar with the location of the WinData folder. I don't have Steam installed in C:\Program Files (x86) but rather on a second drive however no matter where you have installed it, the final part of the path is exactly the same on all Windows machines.

I would suggest making a shortcut to your WinData folder to make installing mods easier in the future. Many of the larger mods are supplied in WinZip or WinRAR format and will need to be unpacked before putting them into the WinData folder. My other suggestion would be to have a "storage" folder somewhere else where you can keep all the mods you're interested in and placing the shortcut to your WinData folder in the storage folder for easy access.

If you have any hassles with installing mods don't hesitate to ask, the people here are pretty friendly [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

does it matter ifu didnt get the game from steam?? i tried to link mine and i could "subscrube" to a the journey but never get a download option. google drive won't let me download any larger zip mods. been trying to find a workaround to test the new 1.7 and maritmes.thanks guys