Luke's giving us new things!

Well now - let's go slow about this [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

It's not like we have suddenly unlimited limits <sic> - we have all suffered long from the confusion of many things lumped together without really belonging together... I feel the first order of the day is to decongest our current limits and regroup them in a sensible manner. Once that is done, let's see (and hope) that there are some limits left to fill with "new life"... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

1st question would be  how much of an affect to old mods will this have,or will they continue to function as they do now?? a nice sit down discussion with luke to see how much else can be changed for modders to have more controls.he tends to vanish in his own world for too long. yes ,i understand he has other things going on. that's why i suggest the discussion when you have him cornered so to speak.after that i suggest a discussion between  WOB and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on what to use the 10 for.

You're expecting WAY too much to think Luke has been "cornered" and there's an opportunity to have "a nice sit down discussion with Luke."  Just be thankful Luke responded to requests to add more flags. 

Items that have been assigned one of the current flags will continue to use that flag until the modder changes that.  So, if you use the old mod with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> which now has 10 more flags, the item will still have the old flag even though there could be a better flag available.  

Confusion especially arises when different mods use the new flags differently.  For example, I could create a mod that creates MoonPies and Twinkies and use new flag #2 as "goodies". This would let me create Ye Olde Sweets Shoppe as a market that only sells items with the #2 flag - Goodies.  Then if I use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> who is using flag #2 as Weapons (Muskets, Cannons, etc.), Ye Olde Sweets Shoppe will be selling everything using the #2 flag - both guns and goodies [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Quote:
3 hours ago, estherhb said:

Ye Olde Sweets Shoppe will be selling everything using the #2 flag - both guns and goodies [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Sound like you just invented walmart - or something similar.

10 new limits isn't very many at all. When it comes to sorting out the dry goods mess it might be a good idea to have some very general categories, because the more specific they are, the quicker they will all be used up - possibly with very little benefit.

Another approach is to think about what can be done with these new categories. What are the buildings that we don't have have now but we would like to see in the game? What categories can be created to make those buildings happen?

One possibility is a cafe/restaurant. At the moment we have taverns that serve alcohol and luxury food and we also have a coffee house that also serves alcohol and luxury food. Can this be fixed? I don't know how flags work exactly so I can't say for sure.

Another possibility is a homewares store that generates happiness. Houses can't consume anything except firewood so perhaps that can be fixed by having the villagers buy candles and furniture and pots & pans at a homewares store. Can that be done?

Whatever these new limits get used for, 10 limits would be much more useful if we had 20 or even 30 new flags.

The beta arrived already! Luke is awesome! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2017-...-0-7-beta/

YES

now at work, i want 10 new flags!!!!

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />