Luke's giving us new things!

Quote:
4 hours ago, Ketchup said:

i dont even think i ll get 1 or 2 limits for i decide myself what ME i wish to do with ! <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> crew will decide for everyone for all 10 limits, and us, we will live with it.

and it will be permanent for the eternity.

So start a new topic for what you would like to see and then all the other modders can join in. Or just do it right here in this thread. Mods needs to stay compatible with one another. There has to be some group discussion and consensus.

I'm not a modder so I don't know how it all works, but it occurred to me that flags and limits are not the same thing. Protein, fruit, grain, and vegetable are all flags, but food is the limit they are associated with. And food is also a flag, yes?

So how many new flags will Banished be getting? And can we possible have more??!! Because I'm sure we'll want them.

good idea ELEMENRAL,then we can have a spokesperson who can compile ideas and go email and discuss with luke.he might be more open to that too.where does he live? if its close by i'll go with a 6pack and brainstorm with him. lol

food is not a flag

edible is

an we get a way to catagorize the trade post and cityhall lists too?? say a buton so you can see just food,just building materials grouped together.

One of the design things that bug me as a user, is the inability to sort the mod order alphabetically, a-z & z-a, or have a 'bottom' option, we have a 'top', but no bottom.

The other thing that I have noticed I miss is to "search" in the game for an items, especially when the toolbars get big, or messy, or when items may be stored in an odd folder.  search "barn" would result in searches in storage, but also user defined folders.  

I think it's great Luke has done this, and I don't suppose there will be much more work done, but, you never know ...  he may get his mojo back now he's seen how many new devs are creating a bunch new mods!!

I'm still a little confused about how he's going to implement these new flags & categories, he has them as 'custom', so, I wonder if that means ALL modders get to create their own and they ingame lists show what the dominant mod (starting mod, higher listed), mod has in it's categories - or, will the custom ones, be pre-decided as a community effort so that whilst they are custom by devs, they are static across the community.  

Interesting times ahead, I watch with genuine eagerness [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

According to what I know, any mod can use any of the new custom limits to make it do whatever they wish, but the mod on top will override the others. Luke is leaving them saying "Custom 1" or whatever, and it's up to us to go in and make it do what we want.

Cool, so, as I thought.

That's a good way of doing it.  Would be helpful if some modders were able to share their ideas around so that even though mod ABC is top (or a starter defining mod), mod EFG might share the same settings, so we still get the goodies from both...  

Not sure how it works, just checking my ideas off in my head [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> haha!!

It's going to cause problems though, if different mods have completely different categories for these custom limits. You could easily end up with trade livestock and chocolate cake both being in the same group, coming from two separate mods.

Edible Food

So 10 new limits on top of the current ones? then I would personally like to see the following, or along these lines...

Inedible Food

Lumber

Advanced Health (potions etc.)

Industry Fuel - to separate things like furnace fuel, coal, charcoal etc. from being burned in houses, but a different limit to other materials.

Raw goods - un processed textiles, resins, saps, etc. - although this could be split into 'animal' and 'plant' limits to stop your feathers from filling up you flax space.

Processed goods - cloth, linen, canvas, etc.

Raw Materials - sand, clay etc.

Processed Materials - bricks, glass etc

Some other suggestions would be things like...

Perhaps another food level

Luxuries other than alcohol

Building materials - perhaps a different limit for things like building supplies?

Quote:
5 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

According to what I know, any mod can use any of the new custom limits to make it do whatever they wish, but the mod on top will override the others. Luke is leaving them saying "Custom 1" or whatever, and it's up to us to go in and make it do what we want.

We know 90% of people use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. 99% of these <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> players put <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on top. so everyone else will get what you will decide bro. You have our fate in your hands [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

even if i decide custom7 is "Dairy", all poeple with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on top will have "Dry Goods" as Custom7 and my "Dairy flag" wont work ^^ <= it is just an example ^^