Luke's giving us new things!

maybe he is reacting to this http://shiningrocksoftware.com/forum/dis...16-#Item_1 i posted yesterday morning ^^

kinda a reminder to his last news was 2016 June ( 8 months ago)

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> I can tell you, that according to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> and making it not a huge mess, we will need 6 or 7 of the limits.

They're not <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> centric, and would be logical for all mods.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> will have more details soon. We need to fix our absolute mess of materials and dry goods, then we can find the best path.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> make sure there are flags linked to it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Materials is certainly a big category at the moment. Would it really take 7 to fix it? Maybe you should ask Luke for 20 lol.

I'd suggest separating alcohol from luxuries. Make a separate luxury food flag, so then you can have food that give happiness (restaurants). Luxury goods (jewellery) could be sold at shops to give happiness.

The weirdness that is "honey" could also be fixed. Honey is basically sugar - not grain, not protein, not fruit, and not any combination of those either. A non-nutritious food flag could be handy. Keeps you from starving but doesn't keep you healthy. Jam, cake, sugar could all go in that group, along with water.

Quote:
2 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> make sure there are flags linked to it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

There are, let me show some if the email conversation:

The status bar, resource limit window, and the town hall production and graphs will be able to show these user defined limits, as well as raw materials being assigned to them and buildings being able to use them as limits. Currently in the resource files these are simple types called Custom0, Custom1 ... Custom9 (in addition to Iron, Wood, etc). You'll use these names in the .rsc files, and it will be up your team to change the string tables to define what each custom resource is displayed as.<br style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Menlo, Consolas, 'Lucida Console', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', monospace;font-size:14.4px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);" /><br style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Menlo, Consolas, 'Lucida Console', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', monospace;font-size:14.4px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);" />I'm also looking at removing the memory cap on the game so that you don't have to worry about making things small enough to fit in the currently allocated memory size.

Quote:
18 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

I can tell you, that according to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> and making it not a huge mess, we will need 6 or 7 of the limits.

Oh it is not for me, for the general community. I'm fine adapting to what ever system I think is best, hence why I am making my stuff fully compatible with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. Right now we are so limited with what we can do, just changing the name or the coalfuel or textiles doesn't really make much difference to the usability of the flags/limits. I just figured that having 10 more could make things a bit more complicated. I'm sure the ones you add will make good sense and be useful to everyone but just thought it wouldn't help having a wider discussion on it to make sure they are.

I was thinking of changing the dry goods flag, because I wanted it to include non dry items! Again, it is just a name right now. It would be good to have a sort of raw material flag for all of the flax, leather, clay, sap, resin etc, stuff coming straight from the forest etc., and a processed material flag. But now we have the option of 10, we can go raw fibers and textiles, raw materials, processed textiles and fibers, processed materials... I'm sure these are ones you are already thinking about though!

Quote:
30 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

as well as raw materials being assigned to them

kinda sounds to me as flags too.

like:

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Edible | Protein | Custom0;

but 

Quote:
30 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

and buildings being able to use them as limits.

doesnt necessarily mean : 

StorageDescription storage

{

RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Protein | Custom0 | Custom7;

but more like 

ResourceLimitUIConfig resourceLimitConfig

{

ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Custom7;

}

I wish to have more precision ... unfortunately , he doesnt talk to me ^^ not enough important to him as you guys are [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

d you tell luke to just give you all the game code??? that would solve a lot. then you can change it.better get a rope and tie him down while you got a chance.

more zzom control,bigger maps,more time control for modderrs too please   more happiness effects.more map code controls,

i got a big lock if you have a chain to tie him up with.

Yeah!