House Of The Rising Sun

Quote:
54 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Don't forget that "sex workers" assigned by the game can be as young as 10 or in their 70s and beyone, female or male. Honestly, I just don't see how a building implying a crime against women, men and children is "fun" or should provide "happiness".  

Had the devs any control of the age for workers, that's a whole different conversation, but they simply can't.  And I agree wholeheartedly about the young age group (the older ones, they're on their own, they can defend themselves).  

If nothing else (I stopped to wonder if this was a legit request anyway), it's opened up a new conversation [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I've been wanting a theatre for months [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

A building that is "just a decorative building that gives happiness" is fine by me. I play the game as a city builder more than the survival type game it was originally meant to be so decorative buildings fit in with what I want. I don't want to pretend that a boarding house or tavern is a theatre/playhouse, I want a building that actually looks like a theatre.

All very selfish of me I know [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

We already have lighthouses that provide happiness and I find these of minor use due to the small areas of water on the maps but a decorative theatre building can be used for almost any town.

Quote:
17 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

We already have lighthouses that provide happiness and I find these of minor use due to the small areas of water on the maps but a decorative theatre building can be used for almost any town.

The theaters I've seen from Colonial America look a lot like 2-story houses - with maybe a bulletin board on the front. What are you picturing? Any pictures you can share may motivate someone to mod one [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

BTW, the lighthouses are functional; not just decorative items that bring happiness. Red Ketchup's Lighthouse is a town hall and kid1293's Gay Head Lighthouse is a home.  

I was thinking of medieval/renaissance era European, rather than colonial era America. At the time of Shakespeare, the first permanent theatres were constructed in London and were of two types, indoor theatres (AKA halls or private playhouses) and outdoor theatres (AKA amphitheatres or public playhouses). The indoor theatres are obviously little more than a hall but the first indoor theatre in London was originally an inn converted for the purpose. The following image is plan of a modest theatre that could serve a smaller community - credited to John Webb, 17th Century architect although it's very similar to a theatre designed by Inigo Jones (also a 17th Century architect), to the point that it seems to me that perhaps it's been incorrectly attributed to Webb: -

[Image: Untitled_11.png]

A model of Inigo Jones' theatre: -

[Image: cas486h.jpg]

The most interesting one in my opinion is also probably the best know and is an outdoor theatre - the Globe Theatre in London. Probably better suited for a large town.

The model of the Globe in this image appears to be the first Globe, when it was made with a thatched roof (because they couldn't afford the more expensive tile roof). It caught fire and burnt down and was then rebuilt with a tiled roof.

[Image: THE_GLOBE_FINAL_rt_uczloq.jpg]

And the lighthouse I was thinking of is from Necora's Maritimes mod.

I love those idea <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />