I've watched a lot of Banished YouTubers...

Quote:
1 hour ago, Bro said:

I chop wood in the forest but on the other side of the map I have my sawmill to cut lumber. 

I use a "stockpile conveyor" that I saw Skye Storme use in his Golden Llama YouTube series.  You build 1 1x30 log stockpile from the Forester next to the road into the town and put professions that use a lot of logs right there.  The Forester can put logs into the stockpile at his end and the Joiner can take logs out at his end.  At first it felt like a cheat, but I got over it.

Quote:
11 hours ago, estherhb said:

I use a "stockpile conveyor" that I saw Skye Storme use in his Golden Llama YouTube series.  You build 1 1x30 log stockpile from the Forester next to the road into the town and put professions that use a lot of logs right there.  The Forester can put logs into the stockpile at his end and the Joiner can take logs out at his end.  At first it felt like a cheat, but I got over it.

Well thats an very interesting idea. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Two questions come to mind. Can bannies walk over that pile or do they have to go around. And does that work only if its 30 tiles in east-west direction cause they tend to put stuff on southern side of piles.

Anyway i dont see it as cheating, more of a offset to a lot of shortcomings of game mechanics

Not sure if Bannies have to go around or not.  Do they cut through regular stock piles?  I do make sure there's a space at both ends for a road or to cut through.  I don't find it matters which direction I make it.  

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4733-bro/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4733-bro/">@Bro</a> there is a limit of how deep you can go with optimizing efficiency cause of the games shortcomigs. Game and bannies sometimes act against human logic and theres a lot of aspects you either cant control or would take too much micromanaging. For example sometimes someone dies in a house you built for your forester/hunter/gatherer hub. Someone else takes his work but he could live on other side of map and your efficiency goes way down for some period of time. Theres a lot of examples like this, plus a game can make some very strange decisions sometimes so going too deep for efficiency could sometimes be ineficient itself [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

As for your example with foresters bigger circle wouldnt be more eficient, as can be seen with smaller circle foresters from <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. Forester usualy just cuts old trees and leaves a log whitch then a laborer picks up so a big circle could mean that he has to travel a lot if a log is on far side of a circle which can be ineficient, especialy if he decides he is hungry or cold just before reaching that log [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
9 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Not sure if Bannies have to go around or not.  Do they cut through regular stock piles?  I do make sure there's a space at both ends for a road or to cut through.  I don't find it matters which direction I make it.  

I had some big 10x10 vanila piles but cant recall seeing them walk over them. I remember seeing them a lot walking all the way to south side to put or pick stuff which can be anoying when their workplace is on north side of a big pile.

I've seen them do that too.  They get used to a path and keep taking it.  That "memory" of the path also makes them take stuff to a stockpile further away for a while even though you've built a closer one.  I've watched the conveyor and have seen them drop off at one end and someone else pick up at the other.  It doesn't matter which end the items are visually at.

Quote:
4 hours ago, Canemane said:

iciency cause of the games shortcomigs. Game and bannies sometimes act against human logic and theres a lot of aspects you either cant control or would take too much micromanaging. For example sometimes someone dies in a house you built for your forester/hunter/gatherer hub. Someone else takes his work but he could live on other side of map and your efficiency goes way down for some period of time. Theres a lot of examples like this, plus a game can make some very strange decisions sometimes so going too deep for efficiency could sometimes be ineficient itself [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Pathing is a bit odd, I had a fire recently and fortunately because I thought about it ahead of time I set up wells.  It was near the river, but there was a well halfway between the river and the fire, what did they do? Yup, ignored the well and just went to the river.  Watching this kind of thing makes you want to throw stuff at the screen.  lol

I've been slowly rearranging things in the town now, specifically where my fields/orchards/pastures are, adding closer housing and such. I'm coming to the conclusion that markets are VERY important and wish I could put more than 3 workers in the smaller ones.  I've just been letting them overlap a bit.  I thought I read somewhere that the traders can carry more than the market workers, this seems stupid since they should both be using the same kind of wheelbarrels to tote stuff around.  The game is great, just a few nagging pet peeves. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I've got Pet Peeves too.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58af8e66e7349_petpeeves.jpg.b9cf489251806a5c7e293fc9ded2cbfc.jpg[/img]

Quote:
On 2/23/2017 at 6:38 PM, estherhb said:

Ohhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy .... 

My family are on their own tonight, mumma is plotting [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>

Quote:
On 2/20/2017 at 10:47 AM, Bro said:

I've watched a lot of Banished YouTubers, but the one type that we are lacking is someone who plays like me, a min/maxer.

I've got a couple of seasons posted.  I try to min/max as much as possible, but at the end I just like playing around with things.  Not sure if it's the style you're looking for, but figured I'd toss it out there in case you enjoyed the content.  I haven't posted in a while due to RL constraints, but at I feel a 1.7 season coming up.

My Channel