Information for Quantity Produced

Hi all,

I was looking to make some minor edits to my version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. What I wanted to do was to change the quantity produced or required for manufactured goods.

For example, the relevant part of the .rsc file for the Bedding Maker:

<div class="ipsSpoiler_header">
Spoiler

Code:
[ConsumeProduce] => Array
        (
            [products] => Array
                (
                    [0] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => ConsumeRawMaterial _consumeMaterials
[
{
ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialFeather.rsc"
                            [1] => int _count = 25
                        )

[1] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialCloth.rsc"
                            [1] => int _count = 5
                            [2] => }
]
ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialBedding.rsc"
                            [3] => ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Custom2
                            [4] => String _requirements = "BeddingFeatherRequire"
                        )
// ...
// ...
// ...

[stringTable] => UI/ColonialStringTable.rsc
            [workRequired] => 10
            [toolType] => Hoe
            [workTime] => 8
        )

</div>

So I see here lines which specify that 25 feathers and 5 cloth are consumed. I also see that 10 "work" is required and 8 "time" is required. I cannot however see the amount of bedding produced (which I believe is 1 [see here]) anywhere in the file. My guess is that 1. the output quantity is somehow calculated from resource weight, the [workRequired] and [workTime] properties OR 2. it is specified elsewhere.

If case 1.

1. I can edit these three quantities, say make bedding require 1 cloth and 4 feathers. The cost of cloth is 8 and feathers are 1, so this would result in a trade surplus per time of 0.15.

2. How is this actually calculated? I can't seem to tell from looking at other buildings. I would prefer to tinker with the balance by changing the output qty directly.

If case 2.

Where is it specified?

General:

What does [workRequired] and [workTime] actually relate to? Does [workTime] convert to seconds? Something?

Thanks for you time, and sorry if this in the wrong section.

Quote:
14 hours ago, WetLettuce said:

If case 2.

Where is it specified?

The quantity produced is specified in the produced resources file.  In this case, the RawMaterialBedding.rsc file.

Code:
    int _lowCreateCount = 1;
    int _highCreateCount = 1;

Uneducated workers produce 1. Educated workers produce 1.  (Low means Uneducated. High means Educated.)

Quote:
14 hours ago, WetLettuce said:

What does [workRequired] and [workTime] actually relate to? Does [workTime] convert to seconds? Something?

The WorkTime and WorkRequired is a little interesting.  If you multiply them together you get the actual number of hammer swings (or whatever tool is being used) that is required.

WorkTime is how many hammer swings they will do before they reevaluate whether to keep working or if they need food or whatever.  They need to go through the the WorkTime sequence however many WorkRequireds there are.

So in the case of the Bedding Maker, it takes a total of 80  (8x10) units of work.  They have to do 8 sets of 10, and every 8 units they look around to decide whether to keep working or go do something else.

Thank you for clarifying!

I cannot find the produced resources files online, are they available somewhere or must I unpack the mod somehow?

Quote:
On 12/07/2019 at 1:30 AM, WetLettuce said:

Thank you for clarifying!

I cannot find the produced resources files online, are they available somewhere or must I unpack the mod somehow?

Any chance of a follow-up on this?

You can't find the files because they're not publicly available online. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

And there isn't a way to unpack other peoples mods.  I would bet that Luke, the creator of Banished, could open mods, but we have no way to see the files inside.

Here's the file.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3252" data-fileid="3252">RawMaterialBedding.rsc</a>

I'm assuming your next request will be for all of the related Bedding files.