Some things to know with the new resources (build 1.0.7, CC 1.72)

TIP: Build storage yards! All of them! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I've been playing with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.72 and a lot of mods remade for build 1.0.7 and one thing I have noticed is that I have been overlooking a simple but important aspect of the new game. The new resources require new storage, we know this from what the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> team have mentioned but while everything is still new to us Players, it's really easy to forget this.

I lost a lot of bonemeal before I realized I needed a separate type of storage for it and I have just spent three seasons waiting for Necora's Pine Cider Press to be built because although I had lumber providers (the Sawpit from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and the Pine Lumber Cutter from the Maritimes mod - I built both because for about 20 minutes I thought maybe the two types of lumber were different!), lumber was not being delivered to the construction site.

The reason was simple enough once I realized it... the lumber needed the Construction Materials storage yard and I hadn't built one. So the 80+ units of lumber I had made were lost because they could not be stored anywhere. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846341c16f5c_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic476.png[/img]

So the moral of the story is, there are small but very significant changes to the game due to the new resource flags. Explore the new resource chains before thinking something is bugged. Build the new storage yards, otherwise your new resources will be lost. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

P.S. I'll be posting this over at World of Banished as well where my user ID is TheOtherMicheal (that ID is a small tribute to a friend who committed suicide some years ago) so there's no need for any worry that someone is stealing my post from here! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

I'm confused.

A regular storage barn should hold your bonemeal. And a regular stockpile should hold your lumber.

Is that not the case? I just looked at the code, and that's what it claims to be doing.

Are we maybe talking about Specialized Stockpiles?

The regular barn will hold the bonemeal but I was using a small storage building (from a 1.0.6 mod) close to the hunters so the bonemeal was left sitting in the fields until it "decayed". It was too far away from the main storage barns for anyone to collect it.

And yes, this is in reference to the special stockpiles that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> provides. I got rid of the vanilla stockpile to make room for homes and I never rebuilt it because it's more efficient to use the specialized versions.

As I said above, with the new aspects provided by the new resource flags, it'll take a little bit of time for people to get used to it. It's been very easy to continue old game habits and find a problem because I was still thinking about how it was done in the older Banished build and not realizing that I have to approach it differently now. So yeah, players should not assume that there is something wrong with the new build, new version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or anything else.

This highlights one of the problems that can occur when using older mods that haven't been updated to include the new Flags.  To store Bonemeal, that owner of the mod for the small barn would need to add the new Flag "Miscellaneous" to the list of the types of items it can store.  It's safer to only use mods that specifically state they are for 1.0.7.

I'm using a selection of mods made for build 1.0.6 alongside mods for build 1.0.7 and there is no problem at all with using them so far. I haven't found any sort of risk using them with build 1.0.7 and I don't believe that there's any need to stop using them. The only consideration is that some of those older mods obviously are not able to do everything that similar mods from the new build are able to do. They are not receptive to the new storage behaviour but they are still perfectly capable of storing all the items flagged with the older resource flags.

Thus the purpose of my original post which was to say to players, "Some things are different now, if you find something that seems strange don't assume it's a bug, it might just be a case of changing your approach to town building".

I just started a new 1.0.7 (latest patch) with CCJ 1.75 (and several other mods).

The thing is - noone collects bonemeal. It just stands there. I havent built a barn yet, but should it not be picked and stored in regular store-chart the game started with?

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

I just built a barn. All is goooood!

Sorry for the inconvenience [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" />