Natural Diversity

are  you sayin you use the banished PLUS mod???  most of that mod has been included in the updates to banished so the mod is obsolete.i quit using that due to issues though i can't remember what it was causing. i stopped using the new nat div and dropped back to the original.the lagtime was way too much.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> I don't have the Banished PLUS mod, it made some things just a little too easy and so I have never used it for all the time I've played Banished. As mentioned, when I use the Colonial Charter Very Large map size I have a problem with overspawning blueberries but if I use the vanilla Large map size I don't suffer that problem.

However it might also have some relationship with the use of Colonial Charter climates - I've often used the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> temperate or tropical climates. I'm just guessing here but perhaps the milder climates from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> increase the percentage chance of all plants (and specifically blueberries) growing or the length of the growing season etc. etc.? It's something I'm going to test soon. In terms of how the game works for plant growth, I can understand the climate choice having an effect, we have seen various mods that adjust the growing cycle of plants due to season/climate so the more I think about it, the more it seems plausible.

I just have to test it to see if it actually holds true. I quite like the newest version of NatDiv so I'm reluctant to drop back to one of the earlier versions. If I keep getting overspawning bluerberries on <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large map but when using a vanilla climate, I'll reinstall an earlier version of NatDiv and try that but I still haven't seen anything to make me think that NatDiv is causing the problem (the blueberries that are causing the problem are not from NatDiv).

AARRRRGHH!! 

God how I hate microsoft some days. Between my last post and this one, I got some updates for Win10 (in the sneaky way that MS does it these days). Whatever they did has now caused Banished to crash every single time I try to load it. It was working fine two hours ago and now it's not and the only thing that's changed is that I cleared some space on my hard-drive and MS snuck in some updates.

Now I get the Fatal Access error everytime I try to launch the game. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846341c16f5c_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic476.png[/img]

Banished [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

Microsoft [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f709f4d0_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic554.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f709f4d0_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic554.png[/img]

i hate those updates. i usually turn them off. i wish they would quit making new versions of windows,makes no sence except so you have to buy a new comp constantly. i have many games that will work on the old XP but do not on the win 7. good luck fixing that mess.

you must have a good system to run the new nat div without lags.it slowed everyones games down so far. my bannies started to crawl and skip. i do miss some of the ideas to expand and spinoff mods from the new version. i agree with your thinking on the blueberries,odd that it only happens to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> large and not other maps.

1 thing that was strange with yours is how after so many years you had no trees.i have a forever tree mod but that just stops the trees from dying and falling over.my seasonFX shouldn't be affecting it because it is below the nat div to give a different crop field texture. trees still re-spawn along roads and in areas of the map that have not been cleared.just moving around the map i notice my forrests get thicker. it still  makes me wonder why you had areas with no trees at all.even as trees die new should have spawned to make up the difference.

Where i can download newest version of natural diversity? I got older one.

this work:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ZePVZ...09VVktyc1k

In regards to lag with the newest version of NatDiv, I usually only suffer serious lag after running the game for a few hours and then try to build some roads. 

As for my computer, it's about five years old now but when I bought it, I specifically got a gaming rig because I wanted to play games like Cities: Skylines (which is another resource hog).

My Antilles map gets filled with açaí/blue berries and palm trees die off.

I am now more certain that the overspawning blueberries problem I have encountered is related to the climate that was used. I have only recently installed the newest version of MegaMod and I played two seperate maps with the "Mild" climate and blueberries did not overspawn. 

When I started to use one of the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> climates (I think it's "Temperate" or is it called "Mediterranean"? I can't recall) I started getting an increased growth rate for blueberries. As a guess, it seems that the climates that prevent snow (like the "Tropical" climate) are allowing increased growth for some plants (specifically blueberries and from <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9245-josito/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9245" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9245-josito/">@josito</a>'s post, a
çaí as well).

Quote:
On 3/3/2017 at 7:54 PM, Kralyerg said:

If you want a copy of any of the static decorative animals that are in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, just ask.  They're mostly just random models I've come across.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> Does this offer stand for anyone?

I'm working on a mod and would like to add deco animals to some building's meshes that match the aesthetic used in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.