For people who like islands

Back in early January, ozarkcrafter, I think it was, had a map with interesting lakes.  Not being such a fan of lakes I slightly altered his seed and made a map in a different terrain to see what it would look like.  I'd show it all here, but I don't know how. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" /> 

Anyway, the seed is 400600150.  I used a very large map, a Mediterranean climate, and All The Wild Things as a start condition.  Lo and behold a lovely island appeared.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />  I'm having a lot of fun making a city on the island and villages all over the place. 

I know that All The Wild Things is basically a cheat map, but, oh, it's so much fun to see what the Banis bring home when you've sent them all out to search for stuff.

I wonder what that seed will produce in Northern Pines .....

You had me at island... and very large map... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

I'm curious enough to have started Banished right now to check out this map although not knowing the Terrain Type means I'm guessing you used the [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Lakes terrain type.

I'll post a screenshot if I get something like you've described [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Edit: 5 minutes later. Well, it's not [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Lakes

Just call me NitWit!  It's Verdant Plains.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" />  I'm having a lovely time with it, so I hope you find it enjoyable, too.

Alrighty...

These are the starting parameters that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9056-tuffdwarf/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9056" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9056-tuffdwarf/">@TuffDwarf</a> is using: -

Seed: 400600150,     Terrain Type: [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Verdant Plains (the other plains types appear to give the same map as well),     Map Size: [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Very Large

This is the result: -

The centre of the yellow box shows the starting location.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/58cf262662a4b_MapSeed400600150.jpg.c00513a682f657c79ce399f8050b9541.jpg" data-fileid="1669">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/58cf262662a4b_MapSeed400600150.jpg.c00513a682f657c79ce399f8050b9541.jpg[/img]</a>

Thanks for straitening things out for me, Kevin. 

I hope you found the map enjoyable after you finally got to it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

I've only just started on it (population has only reached 20+) but I like maps where I can make use of the various bridges that modders have made so this map fits really well into that. The main reason I haven't developed it too much yet is because I can't make up my mind which  section of the map to expand into! I can't decide between north or south but even west is tempting because eventually I want to set up some traders on the river (rather than putting them in the lake). I really like the island and especially because the starting location is on it.

Plus... I've been playing Starbound after updating some of the mods for it so I'm spending less time on Banished than I usually would! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

EDIT: By the way, I meant to mention this because I thought you'd get a chuckle from it. When I made the map I named it Dwarf Isle [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I am honoured!  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wub.png[/img]/emoticons/wub@2x.png 2x" title=":x" width="20" />   My 15 minutes of fame at last!