Would pay one of you modders for a custom mod!

me too i found my little temple and houses cute [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> and very similar at some link given.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/azuchi.jpg.17c753df3b96fde823dd9ba7beb6f797.jpg" data-fileid="1761">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/azuchi.thumb.jpg.a0f7ded78bd44e5bb14ce0a6c2793ac5.jpg[/img]</a>

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/20170102165617_1.thumb.jpg.ad28dbca2940e4727918b10489336de3.jpg[/img]

I have always wondered about that Rise of the Pharaoh. Still would be looking forward to it though. 

Quote:
1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

it has been kinda permanently abandonned (egyptian style)

Oh no, really...? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

You already made so many nice buildings... are you seriously condemning all that to dev null? So sad...[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

Quote:
4 hours ago, estherhb said:

anyone know where he is these days so they can be added to <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>?

I tried to get ahold of him with no luck. Banishedinfo messages, and steam. Don't know what else to do.

Quote:
10 hours ago, Ketchup said:

i didnt noticed 15th in that sorry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

i only saw 21th.

about the Azuchi : i cannot see nothing in that camera thing. i give 1 tick of the wheel mouse and i go the other side or inside the building. 1 tick back and i see no details. the perspective camera setup is very bad in that engine.

to comeback about japanese moddling...

probably why the will never have western people trying this.... it will always being spitted on.

i just passed 7hrs to make a japanese medieval market building and i will probably delete it

i just wanted to create something... just to make it ... it was most part of the fun.

but i wont even post a picture because i know the reactions i ll get ^^

Gather round, I have a soapbox and it's time I used it ... 

Rightio, I get that people want realism, I get that people want to see architecturally correct buildings, I get that some (not all) people will be offended if a traditional building is not accurate, and I accept that people will offer feedback and I accept that not everyone will be happy, however:

1. The modders are doing this for free!  Respect that they are giving up their own time, for free, respect that they are creating something for a community, for free.  Rarely do the modders receive donations, I know this and to be honest, not everyone can afford to pay for the mods, so, that's ok, but, at least be grateful!!

2. The modders are accepting of all criticism and feedback, as long as it is honest & not malicious or in anyway insulting to them.  I know this quite simply because the forum is full of toing & froing with all the players and modders, and I rarely see any bad manners.  So, if you don't like something because it doesn't suit you, say so (if you feel like you want to), nicely, OR simply don't download it

3. Be nice.  Honestly ...  just, be nice. (I am self aware and as such I realise that there may be a hint of hypocrisy in this comment [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> )

This is not directed at anyone in particular (and those in this thread, not you, your comments have been respectful and genuine feedback), except for those that would say something like the above.  Honestly, it's not hard to say "thank you, it's not my style though", or simply move on.  I for one have been in threads where I've had feedback and requests and I always try & remember to be nice, and if something hasn't tickled me, I just don't say anything (but that is rare).

This, this below, should never be what happens to a modder, they should never feel that their work would be put down in such a way that they want to stop creating.  It makes me mad, but, more so, it make me unbelievably sad to read that modders in this community (Banished as a whole, not here at BL or at WoB) would be spoken to in such a way.

Don't put down the tools <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> ignore the haters, there are most of us here that think what you're doing is excellent.

Quote:

probably why the will never have western people trying this.... it will always being spitted on.

i just passed 7hrs to make a japanese medieval market building and i will probably delete it

i just wanted to create something... just to make it ... it was most part of the fun.

but i wont even post a picture because i know the reactions i ll get ^^

Whoever said that to you ... not cool!

End soapbox ...  

Again, not directed to those that have been having a respectful conversation and offered genuinely helpful feedback.

Moderators feel free to smack me. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

PS:  I would sponsor 1 or 2 of the buildings from Turbosquid if needed.  I love a couple that have been linked, but would be open to further suggestions. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Not specifically Japanese, but here's a few of the Asian inspired 3d models that I have. Some aren't great, but some I like a lot (even with that swishy style hat/roof thing. does that have a name?)

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/1.png.e5fd833992c81fe218a1349c5bb1af67.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/2.png.8f1060b0c36d543b9d0f91c5a6ea8eb8.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/3.png.f2536e98ab85fc8dd0aa68ae8c17a397.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/4.png.ccedd223a66317a5ae127e432b7cd7ce.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/5.png.2731a4b3b68756cd8974b3bcfc2ef53f.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/6.png.9cde84786346274cdedcade643fa1282.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/7.png.2ee790bd6f6d01a871aa8815ed32f2c0.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/8.png.dfd368abd7d38f8df3e7d90084935569.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/9.png.43ca86755a829196a2b55c59fad5443b.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/10.png.07847e8d81212bfac729edd4b7e17010.png[/img]

Quote:
5 hours ago, Ketchup said:

one thing is sure though .... replace everything by a theme is huge and alot of work... and that is not as fun as it can sound. we had 1 project like that .... it has been kinda permanently abandonned (egyptian style) because thats way too much work. it is a work of 10,000 hours like. you can take easily a 3-4 days (12-16hrs per day) on 1 unique building .... imagine when people always ask you to have a 5-6 F variants for everything lol

i will make you some... dunno how many ... but i really cant promise to replace everything though.

i tried to do tonight a japanese cheery tree [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1760" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/20170324152738_1.jpg.edda1021371e4096864140e07d16be54.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/20170324152738_1.thumb.jpg.7620b54fd380812562d0e576d1d3be0c.jpg[/img]</a>

-grabbyhands at japanese cherry tree- give, yespls, do want, ketchup does such nice works!

Quote:
6 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

I tried to get ahold of him with no luck. Banishedinfo messages, and steam. Don't know what else to do.

I noticed on Steam that he was playing Rimworld so I sent a Friend Request. Problem is, I think he may only speak Japanese as he mentioned that he translated the mods using an auto interpreter. He did two houses (thatched roof vs tiled roof) and a boarding house (called it a row house) in one mod. The other has a Temple, Shrine and School. 

Quote:
21 minutes ago, estherhb said:

so I sent a Friend Request

I tried that months ago, and it's still sitting there under "Invitation Sent". Never a response.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> I agree with some of the others here, I'd like to see more Asian themed buildings and I think your models would work well for that. I think calling them "Asian themed" would stop the criticism of them "not being Japanese".