Would pay one of you modders for a custom mod!

Hey Ketchup I love your mods btw, I am actually only using the Medieval mod at the moment in my current game with 1 year is 1 year and huge terrain and adam and eve.

Don't get me wrong I love what <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> does it's just to huge for me to take in all at once, I quit the game for a while and I am coming back to it and I found your mod to be the perfect size to at least get use to things at first lol.

And I am ok if the buildings are not all "Japanese" like, A mix of all types of Asian buildings would be perfectly fine. And quite frankly that might be the best idea anyways because if you only did say Japanese or Chinese it might be rather repetitive. Up to you I am willing to take whatever your able to make, I just would prefer the full immersion to where all the buildings I would build would be Asian in style, and at least some slight difference in each building.

And hey if you had extra time you could always you know how we press the f for different styles you could do Chinese, Japanese etc different styles with the F button rotating through...that would be a full expansion worthy type mod in itself if you did that.

And if you do decide to take this serious and make a decent size asian style mod let me know, I don't mind donating at all for your time [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks again.

***Oh and a big question is...is it even possible to change the way the people look, like say if you created an armorsmith or weaponsmith is it possible to equip the people with armor and weapons and change the way they appear? That would be really cool, I don't think I have seen anyone able to change the way they look yet though...and even if you could I assume it would not be something that would be interactive like that. Just curious.

***Also does the "Unlimited quarries and mines" mod work with medieval?

Quote:
39 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

ok maybe the roof with an "hat form" is bad [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> but if you check the window texture... thats the exact same texture they used in the other 3D you linked. go back and try to find my windows.

you'll see it.

the walls ? i dont see alot of difference...

The roof is just really not good. The roof plays a huge part to determine the style of a structure.

For your walls, just reduce the number of square divisions.

For the footprint of your housing, just get out of the square form. Use rectangles(This is key). This is due to the unit of measurement used which is why I also said to reduce the number of square divisions of your walls.

Quote:
39 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

the thing i find with the sims mod you posted.... it is far from being ... banished or medieval. in fact, more i check them and more i would think they are houses built for real couple years ago or will be built in the next decade in 2020....

no way it looks like it was made in 1600-1800s

Well for the sims part yeah, since its a mix of structures that you can see from the 15th-21st century. But there are still some select structures that will fit the timeline of banished.

If you look at the structures at the castle town from the Azuchi link you should be able to get the general structural form.

Quote:
18 minutes ago, jjones_50 said:

***Oh and a big question is...is it even possible to change the way the people look, like say if you created an armorsmith or weaponsmith is it possible to equip the people with armor and weapons and change the way they appear? That would be really cool, I don't think I have seen anyone able to change the way they look yet though...and even if you could I assume it would not be something that would be interactive like that. Just curious.

I think it's not possible. Probably the game code doesn't have this mechanic inside. But I'm not an expert

Quote:
23 minutes ago, richuringo said:

Well for the sims part yeah, since its a mix of structures that you can see from the 15th-21st century.

i didnt noticed 15th in that sorry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

i only saw 21th.

about the Azuchi : i cannot see nothing in that camera thing. i give 1 tick of the wheel mouse and i go the other side or inside the building. 1 tick back and i see no details. the perspective camera setup is very bad in that engine.

to comeback about japanese moddling...

probably why the will never have western people trying this.... it will always being spitted on.

i just passed 7hrs to make a japanese medieval market building and i will probably delete it

i just wanted to create something... just to make it ... it was most part of the fun.

but i wont even post a picture because i know the reactions i ll get ^^

lol I'm easy to please, not everyone will enjoy the same content, doesn't really matter as long as some people enjoy it then mission accomplished.

My advice would be not to claim any of it as Japanese or Chinese so no one can take offense. Just simply say Asian theme'd and no one should take any of it out of context...just simply enjoy it for what it is, another style to immerse in. Doesn't have to be perfect.

You could call it the "Far East" something expansion/mod. I think that would fit and everyone would understand it's just an in general theme [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I think I tried to add you on steam "jjones_50" if you just want to show me in private doesn't matter or send me a message here on the forums.

**Total War:Shogun 2 is still one of my favorite games, that game has great models to look at for ideas. I would love to see armorsmith and weaponsmith, archery buildings with samurai standing in them like you did scarecrows I think at a tailor in your medieval mod. Would just be awesome in immersion. Even if we cant change the people to look like samurai, you can add them in game in the buildings themselves [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> Now that would be really freaking cool.

oooo and you could create a horse trainer or rider profession or something and add like a horse pen to the game like cows and sheep except the horses would just produce I have no idea what but I'm sure something could be thought of. If you decide to do this ill come up with a lot of ideas [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Quote:
23 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

probably why the will never have western people trying this.... it will always being spitted on.

I apologise about you feeling that way but yeah, as jjones_50 has said might be good not to claim a style since people will indeed be critical about it. Inspired by would be your best bet about it. I'm only knowledgeable about those since I studied it.

I added more references to my earlier post that maybe of reference, it has market stands and other commercial buildings.

Quote:
4 hours ago, jjones_50 said:

is it possible to equip the people with armor and weapons and change the way they appear

No. There's no interactive way to change their appearance.  It is possible to change the way they all look, but not in a dynamic way that ever changes. So if you wanted then to look more "asian" instead of "white" that would be possible, but they can't ever change midgame.

Quote:
4 hours ago, richuringo said:

The roof is just really not good.

I thought they looked good. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Maybe not technically japanese, but still worth having buildings in that style, whatever style they end up getting called.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> I really liked your buildings too. Partly, my concept of a "Japanese" building is really way off.  (Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13639-richuringo/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="13639" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13639-richuringo/">@richuringo</a>  for educating me - great pictures!)

Your buildings would work work well for me when creating an immigrant town, especially near my Silk production. I would probably add Brondo's mods (anyone know where he is these days so they can be added to <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>?)  It's similar to using kid1293's Mexican Fantasy mod - I'm not sure I've ever seen Mexican housing quite like that, but it works just fine. (Reminds me of a colorful version of the Taos Pueblo in New Mexico, which is actually Native American.)  It might be unrealistic to create a complete Banished to the Far East mod - just the most basic pieces would be great for now.  The mod can always be expanded as time goes on.  

one thing is sure though .... replace everything by a theme is huge and alot of work... and that is not as fun as it can sound. we had 1 project like that .... it has been kinda permanently abandonned (egyptian style) because thats way too much work. it is a work of 10,000 hours like. you can take easily a 3-4 days (12-16hrs per day) on 1 unique building .... imagine when people always ask you to have a 5-6 F variants for everything lol

i will make you some... dunno how many ... but i really cant promise to replace everything though.

i tried to do tonight a japanese cheery tree [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/20170324152738_1.jpg.edda1021371e4096864140e07d16be54.jpg" data-fileid="1760">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/20170324152738_1.thumb.jpg.7620b54fd380812562d0e576d1d3be0c.jpg[/img]</a>