What's in my Lake?

This smudgy stuff (underlined in small screen snip) appears sometimes on lakes, and usually covering much smaller areas. It does not hinder or alter the game in any way I can tell, and while game is playing, it doesn't seem to be visible. It seems to be visible on map overviews only. I am posting this in case it has happened to anyone else, or if anyone knows what it is. This one seems quite a bit larger than I've seen before.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/591de8898e109_Application-steam-x642017-05-1717-31-58-528.thumb.jpg.24a65faaed12a07ce6c81f5bcfacf71b.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/Capture.JPG.aa59de413838c2d7b3b80eb1f296748f.JPG[/img]

I've had similar happen in small maps with lakes, it's just odd, figured it was just a graphical glitch.  If I see it again, I'll come back and post [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

i would say .... .

<pre dir="ltr" style="color:#212121;">
Proliferation of algae :P</pre>

it is the shadow of the alien spaceship going by and laughing at the lack of technology.  if you upset them,they will send tornados to destroy you.

In my uneducated opinion [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />, I think it's a shadow of the shallow part of the waterway. I've seen it a few times in my games and I believe it's just the way the mini-map tries to illustrate the shallow part of the river/lake but the water ripples make it appear dappled rather than solid. Its placement on the mini-map matches the shallow areas you can just see on the river in the game window.