Banished Beta version 3

the lowest building are kinda tricky though, cause having to start a few elaborate chains in order to get some windows, lumbers, construction kits just for building your first 2-3 house in game before winter .... it can be very hard.

Quote:
2 hours ago, Kerlyssa said:

About the only building material I kinda miss not being there is glass. So yeah, I could see maybe some of the bigger buildings needing more stuff (thinking of cathedrals) but keeping basic houses and whatnot to simpler recipes

Yeah - I could see that. Your majestic Cathedral is a good example. Would be nice to require Candles too which IMO are under utilized.  The additional building requirements are especially useful for standalone mods.

yeah thats a good idea [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

since now more than 3 resources for construction of buildings can be required:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/housepicsm.jpg.1ed93dd70a4aa081bbf560d0d0760cc5.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
On 18/06/2017 at 2:58 PM, estherhb said:

Yeah - I could see that. Your majestic Cathedral is a good example. Would be nice to require Candles too which IMO are under utilized.  The additional building requirements are especially useful for standalone mods.

Glass, candles, and even furniture (the pews and alter). Making some buildings harder to build would really make them more of a meaningful achievement. A bit like a wonder. But of course basic buildings need to be easy to build otherwise things just get too complicated and hard.

It would be good to see some of the production chains already in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> put to more use by being needed in building production. A hospital for example could require furniture (beds), bedding, and maybe even a bunch of healing potions. A tavern could also require furniture and maybe even glassware or pottery. A boarding house (or at least the upgraded version) could need furniture and bedding.

one thing i've wondered about is if there's a way to make aura/radius of effect buildings consume resources. like a church need candles to function, a library needing book, etc. i don't know the emchanics of how happiness works, tho, so. .shrug. 

Started a new game last night, didn't notice any difference in zoom. New debug seems to work the same as old, I'm using <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07 and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75.

I confess I did not try out the new options, as they are labeled custom0, custom1, custom2, etc. and I don't know based on their icons what they will make (mostly, the icons look like crop baskets...) Is it that I have to go somewhere and set what I want them to be? 'cuz sometimes I would give my eye teeth for some hemp...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/594aba7d52315_Application-steam-x642017-06-2023-26-46-407.thumb.jpg.a96ef3b70765e217d965f4178d063743.jpg[/img]

Lighting (fixtures), Advanced Building Materials, and Fine Building Materials could be new requirements for advanced buildings while less advanced colonial buildings could require wood (or lumber), stone, glass, iron, and possibly even bricks (5 materials).