Some Mod Impressions

These last few weeks were pretty crazy... Banished updates followed by a host of new mods, new modding discoveries and techniques... No time to do a "proper" journal - so here a little collection of things I played with in recent days, many centered on water... I tried to peel out most of my personal highlights, but I'm quite sure I missed some - such is the nature of beta-play...  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />

Enjoy!

The Big Dig - real Canals with real Water
[Image: yr39-04.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: bigdig02.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: bigdig03.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: bigdig05.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: bigdig06.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: bigdig07.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: dig2-01.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: dig2-03.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: dig2-05.jpg?dl=1]

The Mission revisited, away from the southern hemisphere
[Image: mission_107-1.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: mission_107-3.jpg?dl=1]

Fodder, Flowers, Perfume, Irrigation, Salt
[Image: wob02-02.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: wob02-04.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: yr10-1.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: yr35-01.jpg?dl=1]

Sunset At Weaver's Village
[Image: weaver_sunset.jpg?dl=1]

Nomad Settlement
[Image: wob02-08.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: wob02-07.jpg?dl=1]

European Village... kinda
[Image: tower01.jpg?dl=1]

Jetty System, Housing, Markets
[Image: wf07.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: wf08.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: wob02-12.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: wob02-13.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: yr24-03.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: yr35-08.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: yr31-01.jpg?dl=1]

Herbalist, Apothecary, Glassmaker
[Image: wob2-15.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: wob2-16.jpg?dl=1]

Turbulence
[Image: wob2-17.jpg?dl=1]

Moonlit Rapids
[Image: moonlight.jpg?dl=1]

* Well, this last one actually is an old SC4 shot... but it fits all the water themes  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

it is unbelievable what you can do with our mods [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

your are truly an Artist ! <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> !

Beautiful! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846347cd7946_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic491.png[/img]

I hope someday see Megamod update so i wouldn't need download some of mods seperate, like that Medieval Houses etc.

Beautiful work as always Paeng.  Wish my brain worked in a way that allowed me to make my cities this nice looking.  My mind always wants to think about efficiency first, even after a few (game) years when population and resources are more than sufficient to let loose and be more creative.  It's a sickness I think.

whaaat. i don't recognize all the mods in this- is it possible to get a list? it's gorgeous

I use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75 plus any mod that is 1.0.7-ready and "certified"... and only those (new limits, community toolbar etc.)...

See a listing here -

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/new...-t395.html

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

@CaptVader

Quote:

It's a sickness I think.

The MinMaxer's Disease... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />  just kidding...

Efficiency is nice... in the first few decades. Once I got plenty enough food, clothes, tools etc - I don't care if they run circles around themselves once in a while  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

thank you for the link, but I still can't find the houses(?) in the european village pic. am I missing something obvious?

Pictures are stunning ... I've come back a couple times over the day to have a look and each time seen something I missed the first time ... or second .. or third

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462e7831b97_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic104.png[/img]

Thanks for the link, if I wasn't worried my computer would melt if I tried it, I would download the lot.

-catty

Great link.  Bit of a pain not being able to have all the mods gathered up and available on Steam.  Hopefully comes out of beta status pretty quick and all the fantastic modders get all their goodies posted there quickly.