Banished MegaMod won't work

Your problem there is that MegaMod is made with mods for Banished version 1.0.6. There were a fair bits of tweaks between the 1.0.4 Banished version (early days of modding) and the next couple of patches.

GOG has the 1.0.7 version of Banished so if you have a valid key you should have no issue getting the updated game from there.

One more thing:  MegaMod 7 was made for Banished 1.0.6. Banished 1.0.7 introduced new categories (Flags, Limits). So if you want to play with MegaMod 7, using Banished 1.0.7, you also need to use the 1.0.7 Compatibility Mod (which goes above MM7), available HERE

Note that MegaMod 8 is currently out as a Beta version, but there are still a few bugs. You may want to check on it's progress here on the forum periodically.

Ooh I understand, then i download the latest version and it must be okey. 

I think that at first step is enough with MegaMod 7, but I keep my attention in this forum waiting for a final MM8.

Thanks a lot Vrayna and Estherhb!!

Well, if you grab the Version 1.0.7 of Banished, then as Esther mentioned you'll need the compatibility mod above MegaMod. IT doesn't add anything, "sjust" makes sure megamod works fine (it was made for Banished 1.0.6)

All working over here! Finally Banished with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> starts to work. But the time that it took to charge (the sadly famous "dark screen") is huuuuge, about 30-40 minutes. 

My PC specs are I7-6500 2.5 Ghz, 4GB RAM, NVidia Geforce 920MX 4 GB (2 GB video), maybe this is the problem charging the game??

Are you using DX11?  For some people it doesn't work at all; but for others (like me) it reduced start up time a lot.  Also helps to delete your old SAV files and any mods you aren't using. Can always move them to another folder.

Quote:
2 hours ago, asiesto said:

All working over here! Finally Banished with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> starts to work. But the time that it took to charge (the sadly famous "dark screen") is huuuuge, about 30-40 minutes. 

My PC specs are I7-6500 2.5 Ghz, 4GB RAM, NVidia Geforce 920MX 4 GB (2 GB video), maybe this is the problem charging the game??

4 GB of RAM seems to be quite low, maybe doubling that might make things easier

More RAM definitely helps cutting down on the loading time, as well as a clean up of your save folder and a switch to DX11 like Esther mentioned. I stick with DX9 myself mostly because I do get some rare random crashes with DX11.

(Don't forget the compatibility mod above <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07!)

Yes I was afraid that my RAM is not big enough...

Regarding to DX i heared that DX11 cause more problems than solve so I chose DX9 for default, I will try setting DX11 and we will see!

(I put compatibility mod in his possition no worries [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> ) 

Okey, I guess that this is only a question of foresight, all I need to do is putting banished to charge and go to have dinner, when I come back it will be ready haha!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> 

Thx a lot friends!!