As in life...

I love <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> 's Maritimes housing pine lodges and pine cabin. The door on the big lodge in the middle, with the half sun window on top, is just lovely. Makes me so happy. 

and i thought it funny and typical, when i added new houses, (after demolishing the 'easy start' circle of wood houses - i don't mind the houses, i just don't want them laid out like that. my blocks are more... blocky.) that during the re-allotment of my homeless, the huge family of 5 got stuck crammed in the tiny cabin but the selfish loner dude took the whole huge lodge all to himself...

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/cabin.thumb.JPG.97bad62d1cb3b545246d0a320c12800a.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/lodge.thumb.JPG.d070f714f2ce74d46685ac00da744c48.JPG[/img]

you could manually force them to move. pause game,demo both,let the family move out and then reclaim the larger house. not foolproof but should work in this case.

based on the list i would say the oldest female is single. their is a child between her and the 19 male. you might get lusky and her and thr 29 year old male pair up.which set will take the larger house?

that isnt what we call : 21st Reconstituted families ?

Hahaha, that always drives me bonkers when that happens and then I go through and reset all the housing, I'm swift and I'm mean about it too [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  I don't let the elderly be lonesome together in a large house, and I don't let a teenager have their 'alone time'. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  Just as in life ...  hahahaha[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

And I agree with you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/">@BuildHappy</a> I love these houses, and the details are just beautiful.  The texture that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> has used on the house reminds me of a warm woollen sweater, it looks like a stitch of some sort, a grey yarn, and I just want to snuggle up in there with a book next to a fireplace, all my cats, my dogs, my family, and be at somewhat calmness, until I get too bored and annoy them all [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

Oh, and I demolish the starting houses too.  The very first thing I do ingame, after setting up how I want my screen to look, set all the houses in front of the barn to be destroyed, keeping only the 1 next to it (for now), then build the other ones as I need them.  Then once I have a new house, go back and destroy the last old one.

I found that if I did it that way I was less likely to have my Banniminions freeze to death, in Winter if there weren't enough houses yet. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
3 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

reminds me of a warm woollen sweater

cable knit! i knew it!

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

...so there have been about 5 quakes in my area tonight. i was in banished and my apartment started shaking... freaked me out, first thing i thought was "i never turn on natural disasters, what gives?" 

might not have noticed, epicenter was almost 100 miles away, but my monitor almost tipped over on me.  *sigh* first world problems...

I am so sorry - I shouldn't be laughing, but, ya know - I am [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  It's all your fault, it was all in your delivery [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Glad that you are ok though, and that your monitor made it through!!  Could you imagine, just no ...  the horror, it's not worth the thought of no monitor!! 

I've done the mixed reality bit with Banished, though not in a quake, soooo .... I think I'll give that point to you for that one [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Excellent, I wasn't the only who saw the texture [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  But now you've seen it, you can't unsee it, I am the Devil [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  hahahaha

Quote:
1 hour ago, QueryEverything said:

after setting up how I want my screen to look

IKR? it's just that the widgets i use, and keep perpetually open during play, and the exact positions i put them in, are basically The Only Right Way To Do It.

as are yours, i'm sure.

and yours

and yours

etc.

p.s. this map is definitely mine, it has my name (Leigh is my middle name).

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/595e022a833a5_Application-steam-x642017-07-0603-24-47-338.thumb.jpg.9a10d24427519f05825df9f739454293.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/leigh.JPG.02a3ed61481bb491805a26a5e1374bc3.JPG[/img]

Quote:
1 hour ago, QueryEverything said:

Glad that you are ok though

seriously! ten! i think that's enough...

p.s. i have two 42-inch monitors, so if one fell, i GUESS i'd be okay with the other.   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/10.thumb.JPG.d463964ee2ae77c675a62172d811d57d.JPG[/img]

did you wake up the monster???