Watermill causing a fatal access violation

it is marked old because now the latest version is Colonial Charter 1.75 : Journey

Ah, okay. Well, when I ran just the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, the watermill worked just fine. So I guess it's a mod incompatibility somewhere.

ok change your order of your mods. Note that maybe your old town will be maybe a desperate cause.

place <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on top, and the other ones below it : use the arrows "v" and "^" to move them. there is also a "Top" button to put that one directly on top.

you will surely find the best order.

test with a new one (a new map), and then test your old map by loading it, pause, and go in mod window to change the order and then unpause and open your windmill

Hmm, so I put the mods in that order and made the watermill and it seemed to be working fine, so I quit out of the map. Then I got a fatal access. I'm not sure if that was from me exiting out or from the watermill.

Okay, well not that order of mods, what you had said before. Let me try again with this order and see if that works.

Quote:
19 minutes ago, SilverWolfQueen said:

Hmm, so I put the mods in that order and made the watermill and it seemed to be working fine, so I quit out of the map. Then I got a fatal access. I'm not sure if that was from me exiting out or from the watermill.

when you change order you need :

change order, quit totally the game , reload the game and then start a new map

not quiting entirely the game before launching a new map will cause that kind of error, whatever the mods you use.

this is because the game write into your windows registry file only when you close totally the game

since you didnt quit the game and started directly a new map, then the game found that the windows registry didnt match what was in your memory and caused a crash (this is a problem with the game itself and it was never been fixed)

so ...

when you do a change order, you need to always close the game entirely and restart the game to give the game the opportunity to update your window registry.

EDIT: in fact that was my fault to have forgot to tell you to exit the game completly after each changes of order

Oh, no I had been doing that and starting a new map as well. I did know about that little bit. It looks like your last suggestion worked though, it didn't crash this time. So, if I wanted to add in Mega Mod, where would I put that, and where do you find out what order to put mods in so I know in the future?

Also, thank you so very much for your help.

you need to take care which megamod you will use because it is possible the last one is for 1.0.7 and not for 1.0.6

but i can be wrong

the one who can help you the most on this is <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> she has alot of knowledge about this.

i do believe with the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> recommends using the compatability 1.07 mod with it.and it must be above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

the 1.75 has a stable in it and is 1.07 version.the mod order i gave should have fixed the issue.the error on save and exit could be unrelated. i am wondering if it is between the stable and the inedible mod.other than mod order,the only thing then will be upgrade to 1.07.or drop the stable mod.