More Cooked Food

I like using the inedible mods (all) but starting a new game is really hard without fetching more food from the debug menu. It would be nice if there are more structures (similar to Village Kitchen by DS)  that cook raw food readily available when starting a new town (i.e. fish, venison, duck, herbs, and other gathered items). Options to cook duck is very limited. I always end up with tons of duck meat that can't be cooked while the citizens starve to death. I love the soup kitchen, but most of the time, I don't have the ingredients (yet) to cook anything.  Different structure models (if possible) -- love the variety [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

And more workers per structure to increase production please. Trying to avoid something like...

[img][/img]<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/2018-02-19_1121.png.17d8a9191e063a6375bd24bc56505c72.png" data-fileid="2940">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/2018-02-19_1121.thumb.png.b006084c6737e958185c943a3b737711.png[/img]</a>

Thank you!

at WOB,RED has a butcher that will make roast duck. TOM has a smoke shed mod that will smoke fish or venison.the older <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> mod with compatability 1.07 does still work.there is old salty and old smokey.KID also has a workplace mod that has many small pieces to place next to houses. a butcher for deer,a grinding stand to process flourm,and bakery for bread. 1 thing with adding the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>,those buildings are easier to build earlier in game.

i don't use inedible foods. you have found the problem with using it.not sure what food you are starting with or what all is inedible. you may find trading stone early with a value of 7 to help.you can use the apiary and have honey. KID and RED have some greenhouse options.these can help gain grain or fruit as well.look around  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php

THERE ARE MANY MODS TO HELP.

are you getting too muc h duck and not enough venison and leather? i would recommend the no duck mod to fix that.you can try the pine mod. it will bring different foods that won't be affected by the inedible override. many many options.

Quote:
4 hours ago, Tamras said:

I like using the inedible mods (all) but starting a new game is really hard without fetching more food from the debug menu. . . .

One of the things you could do is not activate the Inedible mods for the foods that you are most likely to need at the beginning of a game such those collected by the Gatherer or Hunter and maybe your first crop or two. Then, after your town is more established, go back and activate those inedible mods.  Kralyerg doesn't remember whether all of those foods will become inedible at once (but believes that's the case) or if they become inedible when harvested.  Let us know how that works for you.

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>. Will try this and post the results here. havent played banished in awhile but restarting a new town soon as I download the latest MM8. 

The game keeps crashing whenever I attempt to enable the inedible mods from a saved game.  I played for a while with those mods off then activated them like you suggested but it kept crashing.  I started few games, saved them, restarted game and launched saved game, activated mods -- crashed. 

On another note, I am still having issues with my crops not maturing properly or maturing at all.  They get harvested at 0% yield. I know I reported it before but I have to check my previous posts to see the resolution. Its kind of funny watching them harvesting an empty field. 

Which climate are you using?  Not every crop grows well in climates with very warm or very cold temperatures.  Also, if you are running your town on 10X, the visual used to show crops growing may not be able to keep up.  Here's the temperature chart for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> so you can determine if that's the problem.  TEMPERATURE CHART