couple of suggestions

i'm not going to mention the few 'obvious' mods i'd like to see because i'm assuming that if they could be done then someone would have done them by now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

however, i do have an idea or 2 that might be implementable. 

would it be possible to have a population list? a list of your population "name/age/job/dob or creation in the case of nomads" maybe just attach new peeps to the bottom? i think it would be very useful for tracking population spread, eg that you have about 30 youngsters about to start school & need a new school or 2 to accommodate them all. 

my next few ideas. i think should be very 'easy' to do.

i think we need more processable foods, so how about..

a food processing plant to produce baked beans, processed peas......

a cereal factory that uses wheat, rye, corn...... to produce cereal bars, breakfast cereals etc.

just an idea or 2 [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

totally addicted to the game & loving it. keep up the great work [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

saf

another idea. would it be possible to put a "closing" button on schools to stop student intake without closing the school & losing the students already learning there?

im assuming that its not possible to move students from 1 school to another.

Quote:
1 hour ago, saf75 said:

im assuming that its not possible to move students from 1 school to another.

If you have a second empty school with a teacher already, then if you close the first school, the students should pop over to the new one.

aha so it does, feel sure it didnt do that before <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr>.

thanks [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

saf

i take it you are a new player. food processors are possable but bring a dliema.when you are a new player it sounds good to have so many items and options. i will explain the issues.

1> the workplace menu has to be item specific and can become very long. say you want to have mixed veggys as an output.the input has to a+b+c or d+r+f. the game will not go look in the barns and figure out what you have available and take 3 veggys and mix them. you must tell it what veggys to mix.so a line for carrot+bean+potato,a line for cucumber+peppers+onion,etc.every combination means another line in the drop down menu for each workplace. then while playing if you run low on 1 item,you will have to locate the workplace and change it.

2> the  inventory menu becomes longer and longer.we can not have an inventory that is food only,and an inventory for each of the game flags-construction,mineral,crafted,misc,etc. so they are all mixed into 1 inventory.it takes over 4+ townhalls to get 1 full inventory on the screen now.the more we add the longer this lst becomes.

the debate and discussions pertaining to those points has even caused arguements on various sites. there are players on both sides of the issues. modders have a tough time trying to find a balance for all players.

there are several food options already though.the breakfast mod by KID at WOB has grains and coffee with several options.the bakery plus mod gives donuts and pies,etc. for meat there is butchers,smoke houses,a salt house. there is jams,pickles,canning,ciders,ales,whiskey,etc. would you like some cornbread or aot sugar cookies?  sausages? smoked fish? trout?pheasnt,wild boar?cranberry,kiwi fruit? how bout fruit juices?? reindeer? bear steaks?  there are many many options.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php

Quote:
16 hours ago, saf75 said:

i think we need more processable foods, so how about...a food processing plant to produce baked beans, processed peas......

Take a look at the Tinneries. While each one produces a generic tinned food (tinned meat, tinned veggies, tinned soup, tinned fruit), they do provide a place to process things like beans and peas. Each takes 20 food, add one tin and if the worker is educated, you get 36 cans of food - not bad [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

hey stiles, yeah i get how the 'logistics' of production works & i had noticed that my inventory list was getting longer & longer despite the fact i've not gotten too far into production as of yet, personally i don't really care if my inventory page ends up half a mile long, its in alphabetic order & scrolls with a simple roll on the mouse wheel [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

if i'm totally honest i wasn't even trying to create more food, i was thinking of more buildings to make our citys look bigger/better [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

estherhb, i had noticed that the tinneries look pretty good from your spreadsheet (again many thanks [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />)  the problem i have with tinneries at the minute is that they use tin & that'd need me to actually start mining. spring 93, pop 420 & i dont even have coal yet [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

i was looking into the modding side of the game myself but must be missing something as i cant figure out how to do it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

saf

would it be possible to put total population onto the general stats info box? could it be put with the 'number of adults/students/children' so that it reads as 'number of adults/students/children/total' 

While I don't know the specifics (I'm not a modder), I do know that some parts of the game have been inaccessable to modders because that's the way the designer made it. There are some things that just cannot be changed and I suspect that what you're suggesting falls into that category.

if the value is available for the townhall, it should be available to place it where ever we want. need to check the town hall max citizen number syntax.