A "Real" Wiki For CC

Is this something that have been discussed thorougly in the first thread in this forum, called Wiki? Because it's a forum and not as easy to navigate and ... is it even divided into a cathegory for each wiki? I don't remember. But my point is something like just the ordinary Banished Wiki, but DEFINITELY something that would help drawing more fans to this wonderful mod/game expansion/Banished 2 by explaining the complex navigation bar, the symbols for the list of all the objects that is listed in the game (A great help having that, and could be the foundation for a wiki, using the very pictures, and pasting in the articles already here on the forum, and have the forum inside the wiki, as normal wiki-chat?). Wikis are also growing on trees, by how I understand the market it's easy to get a free one with little to no ads. One can make a wiki about anything. And do <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> deserve one? IMO: Totally.  

Or have I just missed it? Are there a Banished <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> wiki?

That's always been a great idea.  It's just a ton of work and no one wants to do it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

most often people cannot "embrace" how long and how much so much work it represents to make a wiki. i know, i am the one who made RKEC....

when it is other people, when usually want them to spend 1000 hrs to make our fancy wikis... we take it for granted and we think if the people dont want to do their wiki for their mods, they dont deserve people playing with it....

but when you ask the people if they want to spend 1000 hrs to help make it ? they will never say Yes ! with whatever their reasons they will find to not help or doing it because very well they will have to spend so much time and so much effort to do it....

but when it is other people ? it never bother us. modders need to make their wiki!

It is a long post, but i want to try to make people realize thats so much work. you know, we are not paid. we are not working in a job, a game company, and earn 80,000 per year... all is free, all has been made purely and graciously free with our free life time. Donations ? i will tell you, donations, people dont do donations, 1 on 1000 people will maybe give a 2$ or a 5$ while the 999 other will never give a single cent. 

We dont do it for money, but making things can take so much work and so much time. and personally i dont want to spend 1000hrs in my next 3 months to lose this time to make a wiki for RKEC. i added a lot of info already, i know i didnt finished yet, but i still can add an hour here and an hour there in the future and maybe in 20 years, my wiki will be finished lol

i have almost 60, pretty sure lately, my corpse has entered in a "cancer" mode.... i really doubt lately i will last till next cristmas... do i want to spend all the hours i have left in my life for that ??? the answer is no.

would you like Elvenkind to spend the next 1000 hrs of your life on this ?

i want to say i am very sorry, i am french, english is not my home language, so sometime what i try to say can sound differently of what i have intended. for sure i dont want to seems harsh or anything. i try to be most friendly possible and sometimes my english can mislead people... so in advance, i beg for pardon.

A new Wiki would be nice to have, but I'm not sure one will be accomplished any time soon. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> This forum appears to be rather limited as to what it can do to create a wiki.  During the time that Black Liquid was regularly creating new versions of Colonial Charter, there were several of us who helped add items to the Wiki.  It was lots of work, but dividing it up really helped.  When the host of the forum was changed, moving the Wiki over required a lot of re-entry. Many of the pictures and most of the cross-referencing was not re-done - it was just too much work.  These days, MegaMod has the spotlight. However most of the individual modders do not have a single resource that provides Wiki-type information, pictures, etc. So, if a Wiki was created for <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, it would take a lot of time and effort.  To do that, it would really take 3-4 people with extra time on their hands, who are willing to work together to do that - and it would take someone to work on finding a web site/program that could accomplish the type of Wiki you describe.  

Quote:
On 10.5.2019 at 3:49 AM, Kralyerg said:

That's always been a great idea.  It's just a ton of work and no one wants to do it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I do want to do SOME of it. Don't be so certain none at all in the universe wouldn't want to give a hand. As I mention below: The only thing is that one of you guys, eighter devs or mods or admins or something. Someone have to do the hard work to click at some free wiki (Wikia? I'm not so into wikis these days, but I've done some work on Wikipedia - about the part of Norway I'm from, history topics about the classical and dark age) So I RESIST your claim that NO ONE want to do it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
On 10.5.2019 at 7:40 PM, Ketchup said:

when it is other people, when usually want them to spend 1000 hrs to make our fancy wikis... we take it for granted and we think if the people dont want to do their wiki for their mods, they dont deserve people playing with it....

It is a long post, but i want to try to make people realize thats so much work. you know, we are not paid. we are not working in a job, a game company, and earn 80,000 per year... all is free, all has been made purely and graciously free with our free life time. Donations ? i will tell you, donations, people dont do donations, 1 on 1000 people will maybe give a 2$ or a 5$ while the

999 other will never give a single cent. 

It's a travesty really, that Colonial Charter, that is more an expansion or Banished 2, then a mod, have not gotten funding and those that have done all that hard work to make it such a balanced and well thought out "mod". Have you considered a premium version of the mod? Or NM, that wouldn't be legal, to demand money.

i have almost 60, pretty sure lately, my corpse has entered in a "cancer" mode.... i really doubt lately i will last till next cristmas... do i want to spend all the hours i have left in my life for that ??? the answer is no.

would you like Elvenkind to spend the next 1000 hrs of your life on this ?

I'm so sorry to hear this. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

i want to say i am very sorry, i am french, english is not my home language, so sometime what i try to say can sound differently of what i have intended. for sure i dont want to seems harsh or anything. i try to be most friendly possible and sometimes my english can mislead people... so in advance, i beg for pardon.

I'm Norwegian, so I know what it means to be "lost in translation", a couple of months ago I tried making a steam post about seeds for Rising World, to collect seeds that had all the biomes within a reasonable distance from spawn. And for some reason I got attacked by a mob of people, probably because I use lots of sarcasm and very rarely smiley's and yeah, it was absurd, I didn't understand why. At least a woman from America contacted me to appologize, and we are good friends now, she even gifted me a game. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<blockquote class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote="" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="12155" data-ipsquote-contentid="2296" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1557957707" data-ipsquote-userid="6" data-ipsquote-username="estherhb">
<div class="ipsQuote_citation">
On 16.5.2019 at 0:01 AM, estherhb said:

A new Wiki would be nice to have, but I'm not sure one will be accomplished any time soon. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> This forum appears to be rather limited as to what it can do to create a wiki.  During the time that Black Liquid was regularly creating new versions of Colonial Charter, there were several of us who helped add items to the Wiki.  It was lots of work, but dividing it up really helped.  When the host of the forum was changed, moving the Wiki over required a lot of re-entry. Many of the pictures and most of the cross-referencing was not re-done - it was just too much work.  These days, MegaMod has the spotlight. However most of the individual modders do not have a single resource that provides Wiki-type information, pictures, etc. So, if a Wiki was created for <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, it would take a lot of time and effort.  To do that, it would really take 3-4 people with extra time on their hands, who are willing to work together to do that - and it would take someone to work on finding a web site/program that could accomplish the type of Wiki you describe.  

I'm willing to do some work, I've done some projects on Wikipedia earlier. And the advantage that already exist is to use the forum wiki here is that everything is already written about it! It's MOSTLY a matter of changing things that already exist on the web or in the game, into another web -format., but are there images of all the different bulidings and items? Like 100x100 pixel big pictures? Do any of you got files for the items? I've seen a very nice picture of the houses in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, in a poster. If not: max zoomed in versions of these houses built in game, with all versions of said building, and both sides, or a kind of image wiki along with it where  and cut into a standarized squares, to be used in a standarized way in wiki pages, with explanations (that there's already loads of in the forum wiki!) have links for the production chains where this and that building is or is not connected to.

I do think if one - devs or the mod/admins - cause it must be one of you that potentionally will have to start the wiki and own it, then having whomever that want, if none, or if some or if many make posts there.... I'll be happy to spend some hours to hype it up by linking it in post on Steam Banished Forum, on Twitter, Facebook groups etc. to notify that there's a new wiki in existence, that need volenteer work, that's basically ctrl+c and ctrl+v work and picture work, and making of some early standarized posts, would totally make the fingers itch to do their share - I'm sure many will want to help, don't you think?

Having a "Black Liquid Software Wikis" as a frontpage, really do suggest that you post a link to "DONATE" (Lately I've seen people use thousands of dollars to be mentioned in some Game of Thrones discussion stream on youtube and I'm sure there's much, much worse to be seen there). I'm sure many appriciate your work. Think Patreon is a method many prefer, and then links to regular Banished, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and other mods, for those willing to do what work? Personally I wouldn't mind to put in some work for Colonial Charter, I'm really thankful this mod exist, and that I can go here and post my "let's play videos" and also figure out stuff in the forum wiki, needed for my work.

</div>
</blockquote>

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

This is the best wiki according to Google

https://wikimediafoundation.org/

Is the same type of wiki as wikipedia.

Please, make a wiki and I promise I'll make pages about the Whale Blubber and pages what that are related to whale blubber in any form. You need whale blubber for the Blacksmith. You need it for mining, the last stage, where lamp oil is needed. Then whale meat, horse meat/cheval and all the uses of that, surstromming (I sense some sweedish here), in norwegian it's sursild. Sour Herring. Fermented I think, along with various spices or onion. And Hangikjot is "Hanged Meat", I guess in Sweedish, here it is Speke-(whatever salted meat is being hanged to dry). 

And I'll do Sand with links. And Mud Road. And I'll check for vandalism every day.

Thanks for the Wiki recommendations. However, I'm really not going to do another Wiki any time soon if ever.  Maybe someone else will see it and want to do it.