Where's my mod?

So my problem is, I don't see anything at all when I click "mods" in the game menu. It's just an empty list.

Let me tell you what I've done so far, and you can see just how lost I am. 

Everyone refers to the windata folder so casually, but I can't seem to find information about how people get that folder to start with. When I downloaded Banished 1.0.7 from GOG, there was no windata. The only folder inside "banished" was "save". I used some hints from the GOG forums and downloaded a 'patch' from a website that did successfully create a "windata" folder, containing "patch0.pkg" and "patch1.pkg". It also added a host of .dll files and a couple .exe to my "Banished" folder.

I downloaded <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> New Frontier from a website, but I think it was bunk. It didn't require extraction and only caused my game to give a 'fatal error'. I deleted that download, game returned to normal. I downloaded <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Journey from this website. I extracted into my windata. I restarted the computer, turned on the game. It runs normally but when I click "mods" the list is empty.

One more piece of information: When I try to run the files application-32x.exe and application-64x.exe that came in with my 'patch', I had the same fatal error as when I had the bad mod in the windata. I can only open and run the game through the GOG interface.

Did I use a bad patch? Was my original GOG download incomplete since it didn't have a "windata"? What the heck is going on here?

I would appreciate the input of anybody who can break this down for me.

ght click on the banished icon,scro down and click "file location". you could also go under the window icon search banished and locate the folder that way.

"right click"     be advised the files have to be unzipped tot he pkm files.ony the pkm files are needed. make sure you un block the security settings.before you unzip the files. right click, check properties,open the security properties and un block. i keep 2 folders on my desktop 1 for the game files and 1 to load new mods into. this way i have a folder for a backup of mods i don't use all the time.

Thank you very much!!  I had a little suspicion that I wasn't finding the right file, but I thought that was impossible because I searched for it in the windows search bar. Your words inspired me to try a different approach. When I went to my GOG page, I selected More-Manage installation-Show folder, and it popped up with a completely different file location from what I had found before--and it contains the Windata with all 4 parts in it that everyone talks about. When I extracted into it, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> was in my mods list in the game!