Megamod - Fatal Access Violation - Setsprite?

I have read the following help to no avail. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/242920/di...908478649/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/242920/di...308768200/

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/1325-fatal-access-violation/&do=embed"></iframe>

I have attempted

•  Deleting and reinstalling Banished

• Checked version is correct (1.0.7 Banished with Megamod v. 8.0.1)

• deleting all Banished registries with Regedit

• using Dx11 and 9 to see if error still occurred, it did

• Toggling Fullscreen, Resolution, Vsync, Disable direct input, use software mouse cursor on and off to see if they caused it.

• Making sure rights were setup correctly, my account (admin) and others given full rights, changed the files all to read and write instead of read only

• lowering video settings to minimal to see if it is a GPU error, didn't seem so, high FPS, but just crash at random times and not looking at anything specifically (not assigning jobs or anything, sometimes when hovering over menus however not sure if just coincidental because often you're looking at menus when playing.) 

• Using both x64.exe and x32.exe versions 

Analysis of the .dmp file with winDbg says this:

BUCKET_ID:  APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ_STRING_DEREFERENCE_Runtime_steam_x32!UI::LabelElement::SetSprite+7

FAILURE_EXCEPTION_CODE:  c0000005

FAILURE_IMAGE_NAME:  Runtime-steam-x32.dll

BUCKET_ID_IMAGE_STR:  Runtime-steam-x32.dll

FAILURE_MODULE_NAME:  Runtime_steam_x32

BUCKET_ID_MODULE_STR:  Runtime_steam_x32

FAILURE_FUNCTION_NAME:  UI::LabelElement::SetSprite

BUCKET_ID_FUNCTION_STR:  UI::LabelElement::SetSprite

BUCKET_ID_OFFSET:  7

BUCKET_ID_MODTIMEDATESTAMP:  58a1066c

BUCKET_ID_MODCHECKSUM:  0

BUCKET_ID_MODVER_STR:  0.0.0.0

BUCKET_ID_PREFIX_STR:  APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ_STRING_DEREFERENCE_

FAILURE_PROBLEM_CLASS:  APPLICATION_FAULT

FAILURE_SYMBOL_NAME:  Runtime-steam-x32.dll!UI::LabelElement::SetSprite

Having looked up this error online, it has returned nothing and no one has had a similar error with reference to Setsprite errors, if anyone can shine a light on this it would help greatly, my PC Stats are below

GPU: AMD RX 480

CPU: Intel(R) Core i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70 Ghz

8GB Installed RAM

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit operating system 

crash.dmp file is attached below.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-fileid="3217" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3217">crash.dmp</a>

I am not able to read/understand a crash.dmp file and I don't know anyone who can use it. Sorry.  Have you verified that your Anti Virus is allowing the game to save the game?

you say banished 1.07 but what build #? the latest version does allow for more building material requirements. when is the crash happening? does the laptop have enough memory to play the game? the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> takes a lot of it

Quote:
18 hours ago, estherhb said:

I am not able to read/understand a crash.dmp file and I don't know anyone who can use it. Sorry.  Have you verified that your Anti Virus is allowing the game to save the game?

Quote:
15 hours ago, stiles said:

you say banished 1.07 but what build #? the latest version does allow for more building material requirements. when is the crash happening? does the laptop have enough memory to play the game? the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> takes a lot of it

I believe so, I created an exception in the antivirus itself, ( I have malwarebytes +windows defender (obviously) ) I version I have is 1.70608, the crash is happening when ingame, at random times when playing, more often now I'm not even getting past the load screen,

as stated earlier I have 8gb Ram, I'll be surprised if this game is maxing that out, is there a way to increase the cap on allocated ram or no? ps. This is a desktop, not a laptop

The current version of Banished is 1.0.7 Build 170910.  I don't know if having an old build is causing the problem, but I think you should update the Banished you are using.  MegaMod is a huge file and if you are going to have problems, it will cause them.  Have you tried just running just Banished?  Then try running Banished plus Colonial Charter 1.76 (Journey)?  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 is a large mod that is included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. If you can't run <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, you won't be able to run <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.  Let me know how that goes.

yeah thats important, the 170608 is not good, it is a beta, not a final release. make sure you upgrade it to 170910.

Having updated and creating more exceptions in the antivirus, the bug is fixed! hopefully this'll help someone in the future [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

(05-11-2019, 08:56 AM)epixcloud Wrote: Having updated and creating more exceptions in the antivirus, the bug is fixed! hopefully this'll help someone in the future [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title="Smile" width="20" /> 

Hi Epixcloud,

I have the same anti-virus setup as yourself, wondering if you could pretty please tell me what exceptions you made?
I seem to be having the same or a similar issue to what you had.
If you're crashing when saving, you have to dig in your antivirus and check that it's not flagging Banished as unsafe or restricting its access to your Documents folder. Some super strict setups of Windows Defender can mess up with Banished. BitDefender is also sadly famous for its hatred of the game.
(I use Avira myself and never had issues with it, so I can't really healp much with the details of where to dig to find the correct options)
(11-22-2019, 02:35 AM)Vrayna Wrote: If you're crashing when saving, you have to dig in your antivirus and check that it's not flagging Banished as unsafe or restricting its access to your Documents folder. Some super strict setups of Windows Defender can mess up with Banished. BitDefender is also sadly famous for its hatred of the game.
(I use Avira myself and never had issues with it, so I can't really healp much with the details of where to dig to find the correct options)

Nope I think I was wrong, autosave has nothing to do with it (turned it off and still crashed). 

I'll make a new Post.

But still curious about adjustments to malwarebytes and Windows defender