MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports

Quote:
7 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

Are you using any other mods?

This is everything. Not a lot.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_05/B6.jpg.320971ef6c60cc2424f921e66a79481c.jpg" data-fileid="3049">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_05/B6.thumb.jpg.20786e7ba1424fddcab122b798fb1509.jpg[/img]</a>

I also still have a Tiny map option... (It always crashes, so I don't use it even though I really really want to, lol)

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_05/B7.jpg.dcd6f4c816c5cf384283a67bea7051fe.jpg" data-fileid="3050">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_05/B7.thumb.jpg.d7d5f320d53075fbfcf213727d265970.jpg[/img]</a>

Quote:
3 hours ago, datette said:

I also still have a Tiny map option... (It always crashes, so I don't use it even though I really really want to, lol)

Hey, it just worked!

Quote:
5 hours ago, datette said:

This is everything. Not a lot.

I think the culprit is the 1.0.7 Compatibility mod.  it isn't needed for MM8, because MM8 was made with the 1.0.7 modkit.  It was MM7 that needed it, because it was using the 1.0.6 modkit.  And the compatibility mod does some weird things to the Trading Post to allow the new resources to come at the Trading Post at all.

I'm not sure what's supposed to be in this toolbar here, but something's missing.  See red circle.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_06/brokebanished.jpg.f649d3cb718119f4cc5b4dd979a23a33.jpg[/img]

I have quite the issue with this pack: first the game takes a lot of time just to start up and get me to main menu (around 5 min i think) and when i start a new game, it loads pretty much infinitely. Now I know that there's plenty of mods in this package, but is this really supposed to be? It renders the game unplayable...

Anybody else with this issue?

did you tried to alt tab during that time and go surf ? when the game it is not focused, the game skip all the error detection the developer included and it load faster.

well I alt tabbed after it took several minutes to load already, that cannot be the issue. 

Quote:
1 hour ago, lilfightclub said:

well I alt tabbed after it took several minutes to load already, that cannot be the issue. 

<p style="background-color:transparent;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-decoration:none;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;">

<p style="background-color:transparent;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-decoration:none;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;">
This mod is quite large and it has to read a lot of stuff from the hard drive into memory. If your hard drive is slow and if you don't have a good amount of memory it can take a long time. What you can do is to just enable the 3 mods from megamod and see if it helps.

I remember to have a similar issue and I had solve it by starting the game enable and disable the mods that I want and then going back to main menu and exit the game.

Then start the game again and you can create a new game now using the previous defines mods.

Quote:
35 minutes ago, paulojl said:

This mod is quite large and it has to read a lot of stuff from the hard drive into memory. If your hard drive is slow and if you don't have a good amount of memory it can take a long time. What you can do is to just enable the 3 mods from megamod and see if it helps.

I remember to have a similar issue and I had solve it by starting the game enable and disable the mods that I want and then going back to main menu and exit the game.

Then start the game again and you can create a new game now using the previous defines mods.

ok thanks' I'll give it a go 

MegaMod is huge and can take 10-15 minutes to load!  A lot depends upon your computer.  Make sure you aren't running any other mods (or just a few small ones). For example, you don't need <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75 - it's included. You also don't need the compatibility mod.  Sometimes it helps to move old saves out of your Save folder so those don't have to be loaded. Can also help to move mods you aren't using out of your Banished > Windata file.

Some people find that using DX11 instead of DX9 makes it faster to load (for me it reduced the time from over 5 minutes to under 2); others find it the opposite or that it causes crashes.

Note that anytime you add or delete mods, you should exit the game completely before using them - helps to prevent crashes.

Hope this helps