You forced me to sign up, so i might as well write this. Dear admins

Forcing me to sign up if i want to download files (mega mod 8 in this case) is bad practice, demanding email verification is even worse. Just rude.

Yes, we require an account to download, I'm sorry.  But it's not like we're the only ones.

Worldofbanished requires an account to access downloads.

Steam requires an account to access the workshop.

Nexus mods requires an account to download.

Are you going around to all of these places and complaining too? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

just..... wow 

LOL

If you are wondering if anyone will sell your email, do what I do. I signed up with a email account, and that's the only one I give out to sign up for stuff. I check it daily for any personal messages, but otherwise, if I get spammed, no biggie, it's not my personal active email. I only give that out to friends and family.

And, IMO, it's only "bad" if you are required to pay something. Which none of those sites or this one do. So, it really is no big deal hon.

Trying to win friends and influence people, I see.

Quote:
4 hours ago, Goblin Girl said:

Trying to win friends and influence people, I see.

Who, me?  Or mentat?

Quote:
1 hour ago, Willows said:

Who, me?  Or mentat?

The Original Poster I believe [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
5 hours ago, Willows said:

Who, me?  Or mentat?

The OP.  You were being helpful and friendly. 

To be fair OP isn't the only person that feels this way.

The only time I've ever had my data compromised when Nexus mods forced me to sign up and then got hacked... And then they didn't say anything about it for several years.

It's fine with steam forcing us to log in because people use steam to buy games and therefore play their games.

There's no real benefit to the user for registering with you guys and equating yourself to hubs like steam and nexus mods is a false equivalency.

Quote:
3 hours ago, jupiterlily said:

There's no real benefit to the user for registering with you guys and equating yourself to hubs like steam and nexus mods is a false equivalency.

Then why did you?  I mean, you just said there's no benefit to you.  And it's obvious you're not interested in making friends.