Discord?

Quote:
On 03/07/2018 at 11:32 PM, SoulBlythe said:

I do not see what the steam community is like

The Steam community for Banished is generally pretty damn sweet too. There's a few people who show up now and then with a dose of that "I'm gonna ask question in an aggressive tone or insult the game" thing common on Steam, but they are rare and it usually doesn't last. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

If anyone sees StainlessSteelCynic on Discord, it's me. I started using Discord for the Heliborne game.

For anyone wondering about the name StainlessSteelCynic, yes it is directly inspired by the Harry Harrison "Stainless Steel Rat" series of sci-fi novels.

I made a discord account, and I've been going to the channels to see who's around every time I've played since, but either my timing is off or it's crickets over there...

Am I discording wrong?

Quote:
11 minutes ago, BuildHappy said:

Am I discording wrong?

No, it's fairly quiet.  The Banished user base has never really been crazy active. It is kind of a laid back game and attracts more casual fans.

I've never used Discord before, so there's probably things that could be done to help keep things going that i don't know about. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I could see a pleasant chat space during play, which could be fun as hell, but maybe it'd take a casual event to attract participants, like movie night, biblical night (everyone starts Adam and Eve,) monoculture night, deco night, etc.

Or maybe a tutorial night for working with quays? 'Cuz I can NEVER seem to get them to look as PRETTY as some of the ones on youtube...

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

i personally not sure if i want to.....

scared people will ask me things all the time, should do this, should do that ... and asking me do things we cannot do in this game...

hehe [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Yes, I can see your point. Sims content creators on tumblr/simblr have a badge, status type of thing, not really to say how they are, or things like AFK, but more to say "Closed to Requests" or "Accepting Requests."

As far as I can tell, users who adore these creators (like we do you) and wait with bated breath for their next content, are respectful and abide by that "Closed/Open" notice. Now, I'm 100% sure our Banished community is easily as courteous as sims folks. And I'd be willing to bet there's a way to add a tag line or status that serves the same purpose, with an extra bit about not bugging with questions as well.

Not that I'm trying to get you to sponsor "Seed Night," where we all play the same seed number, but just an FYI.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
On 7/8/2018 at 6:45 AM, KevinTheCynic said:

If anyone sees StainlessSteelCynic on Discord, it's me. I started using Discord for the Heliborne game.

For anyone wondering about the name StainlessSteelCynic, yes it is directly inspired by the Harry Harrison "Stainless Steel Rat" series of sci-fi novels.

Just so you know Kevin you can change your nickname to be specific for each server you join. If you right click your name on the user list there should be a "change nickname" option. That change is for the server only, not your master account which has the #number attached to it.

Quote:
On 7/30/2018 at 4:58 PM, SoulBlythe said:

Just so you know Kevin you can change your nickname to be specific for each server you join. If you right click your name on the user list there should be a "change nickname" option. That change is for the server only, not your master account which has the #number attached to it.

I didn't know that, I'm such an irregular Discord user that I haven't checked all the options available. So thanks for the info [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Reminder that there is a Discord server for Banished.
https://discord.gg/vhsYJz

It's sometimes easier to find someone there if you have an issue with the game or mods than on forums.
Just remember to bring some good mood and to (try to) use the correct channels if you need help so things don't get lost in general chat, which can be either super quiet or pretty chatty depending on the days and the people around! Wink