Discord?

Is there a Banished discord where everyone congregates? 

I've never seen anyone mention one. I've never actually been on one either. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I've never used it either but I've heard it can work well.  Can anyone tell us all about it?  Anyone else interested?

i personally, as a modder, i wouldnt hang over there... i would get 1000 request every hours, should do this, implement that, then people will tell me this or that is wrong and i should do this.....

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Your concerns are part of the problems I can see. I think of all of the negativity at the Steam Discussion group and don't want to encourage that. However the Chat we had on the old BlackLiquid Forum kind of let us get to know each other better.  Fortunately we weren't overwhelmed with people using it. I think it would function better where players could hang and talk to each other.   If you ever felt like it, you could always schedule an hour where you could answer questions - like when you release a large new mod.

So. It sounded interesting, so I did create a Discord server to see what it's all about.

If anyone is interested, and notices this post, you can join it by using this invite link: https://discord.gg/jTxKzvF

I downloaded the app, but from what I understand, you can use it through your browser as well.

We'll see what happens and if there's any interest in keeping it around long term. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

The browser version works very well. I am personally a tad allergic to the app, but have no problem leaving it open in the background in Firefox.

Great idea SoulBlythe! I love Discord and have been using it the past months for the browser game Ogame and the Home automation tool Home Assistent (hass.io).

I only use the chat function but it's great for small chats.

I've immediately accepted the invite as I'm not much around here any more but I am daily on Discord.

Blinkiiiiin! Long time no see. I missed you by just a couple of minutes yesterday oin Discord [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Amazing guys, thanks so much for starting one and I hope it serves the community well. 

I hope the community as a whole does not use the server to be a pest to the wonderful mod developers. I understand first hand the issue of chat communication as a mod developer in the late 90's and early '00 with IRC clients. We where a Half-life mod with a growing popularity and it definitely had its time with the exact type of issues RedKetchup has mentioned.

I hope the smaller tighter community we have here, in general, would keep it more as a community chat then a hard wire to the different mod devs.

I do not use the steam client so I do not see what the steam community is like but I can understand from other steam communities the toxicity it can bring and breed. That can happen in any community however and the crossover is not really known. Someone can be toxic on Steam but also be a BL forum or WoB forum member who is sweet as banoffee (try it if you haven't). 

So far it is a very relaxed server compared to the others I am a member of. If anything, as the server sees growth or increased activity; I would suggest pinning a small set of rules to the general chat which includes stuff like no PM to devs about bugs/ideas, a couple simple civility rules, and whatever else may be needed. It can also state how to properly submit a bug report or a feature request if so inclined.

If you ever need a moderator for the server, please feel free to ask. You have given us so much entertainment it's the least I can do for you all plus I do have some experience with discord since it's release.