MegaMod 8 Open Discussion
hi, a few weeks ago i downloaded mega mod 8 and i can't find where  the win data file is located? i did a search and came up with nothing, please be gracious enough to spell it out to a very unsophisticated computer user? win7 is what i've got, and Banished was downloaded from steam. i have loaded the mega mod 6 from the shop and am hoping to use this new one, it sounds great!
You need to go to: Steam/SteamApps/common/Banished/Windata to add the three Megamod1, 2 and 3 .pkm files
(01-13-2020, 11:29 PM)Vrayna Wrote: You need to go to:  Steam/SteamApps/common/Banished/Windata to add the three Megamod1, 2 and 3 .pkm files
Thank you!
Happy Banishing Smile
I download the mega mod 8.01, but it keeps crashing why.
We're going to need some more details:
Are you crashing when you try to launch the game? While playing? While trying to exit your town to go back ot the main menu?
Also crashing. During tutorial (haven't played in awhile), I get to the point when it tells me to place a stockpile, and then the game crashes with an error. (I've posted a screen grab of the error). I am not allowed to upload the crash dump file it refers to, but I've included a screen grab of it. 

As a side note, the game takes a full 2 minutes to load, not sure if that's normal based on the size of the mod or not. Using Windows 10. Let me know if you need more specs.

Thanks,

Melissa

(03-16-2020, 05:46 AM)DuckyShincracker Wrote: Also crashing. During tutorial (haven't played in awhile), I get to the point when it tells me to place a stockpile, and then the game crashes with an error. (I've posted a screen grab of the error). I am not allowed to upload the crash dump file it refers to, but I've included a screen grab of it. 

As a side note, the game takes a full 2 minutes to load, not sure if that's normal based on the size of the mod or not. Using Windows 10. Let me know if you need more specs.

Thanks,

Melissa

Okay, this may have nothing at all to do with the mod. Checking some solutions... stand by.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.png   crashBanished.png (Size: 7.76 KB / Downloads: 43)
Resolved - Something was messed up or corrupted in the reg files - deleted the Banished and Shining Rock reg file folders altogether, restarted game. No lag in loading, no crashing. Re-enbaled mods, no issues. Smile
The tutorial should be done without mods. It asks you to build specific things, and if those are touched by the mods, the game gets confused Wink
Hi,

I have downloaded the three MegaMod files, extracted them, and placed them in the Windata folder, but they do not appear in the Mod list when I start the program. Can you advise what I may have done incorrectly?

Thank you