Duck meat, the disaster.
I have a LOT of Duck meat, and I mean a lot. Last count, after I disbanded both my 15x15 pastures with ducks, is over 40000 (it was over 50000). I have 4 Wooden Butchers making Roast Duck, and it harsly "sells". Personally I love duck9 meat, it's great, but the villagers obviously don't like it. I need ducks, or chickens, to get feathers, but if the villagers don't want to eat the meat, what am I to do? I seriously miss having the Butcher Stall for those. Any reason why there aren't any?
I think Duck meat also goes into a few meals prepared in fancier buildings, but it won't really make your people eat more of it, and won't really make a much higher profit than if you sold the meat directly.

The problem is most likely that you are producing a lot of proteins-kinds of food, more than what your people use. If they seem to eat more of the other kinds, it could be because your market vendors grab other meats/fish in higher amounts than duck meat, possibly because of the layout of your town, with storage closer to the market hacing more of those other proteins and duck being generally stored further.

There's no "the AI prefers proteins with this name" thing, it's purely due to how much of which thing is stored in the market, and that depends on how much of the goods with each kind of flag the market can store and how full it already is with items that have that flag. In your next town, they might devour the duck and ignore the fish.

Basically, in your current town, export that duck meat to empty your storage if you want to keep producing feathers. Other solution would be to stop fishing / hunting / raising other animals and to increase your population until the demand for proteins makes people consume the duck. A bit of a hassle compared to the export option. Smile
(03-11-2021, 12:50 AM)Vrayna Wrote: I think Duck meat also goes into a few meals prepared in fancier buildings, but it won't really make your people eat more of it, and won't really make a much higher profit than if you sold the meat directly.

The problem is most likely that you are producing a lot of proteins-kinds of food, more than what your people use. If they seem to eat more of the other kinds, it could be because your market vendors grab other meats/fish in higher amounts than duck meat, possibly because of the layout of your town, with storage closer to the market hacing more of those other proteins and duck being generally stored further.

There's no "the AI prefers proteins with this name" thing, it's purely due to how much of which thing is stored in the market, and that depends on how much of the goods with each kind of flag the market can store and how full it already is with items that have that flag. In your next town, they might devour the duck and ignore the fish.

Basically, in your current town, export that duck meat to empty your storage if you want to keep producing feathers. Other solution would be to stop fishing / hunting / raising other animals and to increase your population until the demand for proteins makes people consume the duck. A bit of a hassle compared to the export option. Smile
But why isn't there a Butcher Stall for fowls? I'm seriously missing one.
I think butcher stalls were added in a pretty early version of CC, before the addition of ducks. When ducks were added in a later version, no one remembered to add a butcher stall for them Tongue
And no one has been considering adding any? The small stalls are easily placed, inbetween, in contrast to the bigger wooden ones.
Dunno, I don't think anyone feels like repackaging a whole CC to just add duck butchers. I'll try to poke Kralyerg to see if he can make a small standalone thing, but that might take a while. Wink
gracias por el aporte amigos pero deben comprar por mayor para tener descuentos de todo un poco.