Crash on Start up?
Been using MegaMod for a while now without any problems, but recently started suffering crashes when trying to load a new save.

Uninstalled banished from steam, got rid of all the mod files and unsubscribed from all other mods- full fresh install.

Reinstalled Mega Mod- downloaded from this forumn, extracted the PKM files and copied them directly into the Banished WinData folder- and made sure mods were in correct order in game, then backed exited game and restarted as instructed.

Still isn't working on trying to start an new game- I get the violantion error, game looks like its still loading anyway, then it crashes.

Have tried loading in DX9 as well, but still suffering crash on start. Please help, cos I really love the variety in the Mega Mod.

Wanted to use the trains and the western style sets to build a frontier town, so its a real shame if i can't get it working.
With DirectX9 you also have a crash to desktop with an error message, or do you get "stuck" on a black screen?
make sure you have the latest version of banished. 1.07 but must b the final cut also.
I'm also having problems. Any new game i start it will load for a short time and them crash when the new save loads in. Tried restarting completely fresh, updated banished, and everything but nothing is working. Please help.
You crash as soon as the town loads? Not a random time afterwards?

Was that town saved with a mod used in it, and you might now be missing that mod?
(11-29-2020, 03:41 AM)Vrayna Wrote: You crash as soon as the town loads? Not a random time afterwards?

Was that town saved with a mod used in it, and you might now be missing that mod?
As soon as the loading screen finished it crashes and no it’s a fresh start entirely I deleted every other mod for banished and reinstalled the game.
Go check your Documents/Banished/Save folder. If you have old saved games in there, put them aside in a different folder, and make sure you don't have anything other than .sav files in there. (Sometimes an old modded save can create a mess if the mod wasn't correctly disabled.)

Which mod are you trying to use at the moment, and what's your game version?
(11-29-2020, 10:49 AM)Vrayna Wrote: Go check your Documents/Banished/Save folder. If you have old saved games in there, put them aside in a different folder, and make sure you don't have anything other than .sav files in there. (Sometimes an old modded save can create a mess if the mod wasn't correctly disabled.)

Which mod are you trying to use at the moment, and what's your game version?
The game version is 1.0.7 and it’s the mega mod. I’ve found that it’s just the DSSV mods that aren’t working. I will try deleting the save files.
DSSV?