Help with Error!
(08-31-2020, 09:41 PM)stiles Wrote: check any info on the MM mod. make sure there are no pat5ches that are needed with it. also double check the order of the mods. unless they changed it,the MM had a couple parts. you may need a compatability mod as well. MM is not 1 that i have loaded.
Thanks! I'll check that out! I've come to crash again in another town and this time I think that it might be the trader. I might go and check past saves and see if it was that too.
(09-08-2020, 04:50 AM)Gahlak Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:41 PM)stiles Wrote: check any info on the MM mod. make sure there are no pat5ches that are needed with it. also double check the order of the mods. unless they changed it,the MM had a couple parts. you may need a compatability mod as well. MM is not 1 that i have loaded.
Thanks! I'll check that out! I've come to crash again in another town and this time I think that it might be the trader. I might go and check past saves and see if it was that too.

RED made a patch to fix that problem. i thought something similar would have been added with the MM. you should check WOB-world of banished.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...w;down=280

took me a while to find it but try that above the MM. will need to start a new game thou.
Crashing because of the trade post happens because an item with a badly handled flag is somewhere in yor game. It usually comes from an outdated mod, so if you're only using the current MM mod, I'd suspect a mod that you used to use didn't get correctly disabled and removed.
Thank you very much to both of you! I've also bought a Steam copy of Banished to see if mine could be the problem (cause I've seen plenty of people using the MM and I doubt it is their problem, or everyone would be having crashes: it has to be on my end, maybe my computer doesn't like GOG handling games or something like that and interferes).

Edit (11 Sep): Check on a new town in the Steam version. After hours of playing, got the error on Application Steam x64. i don't get it. The Load Order is the Vanilla Fix, then MM1, then MM2, then MM3, as stated on the mod description. I'll have to open the replay to see if it was the trader but I doubt it. So weird.

2Edit 11 Sep: I don't know what to think. I restart the game, this time with no crash even after hours of playing. This computer/game/setup is trolling me.
(09-09-2020, 04:02 PM)Gahlak Wrote: Thank you very much to both of you! I've also bought a Steam copy of Banished to see if mine could be the problem (cause I've seen plenty of people using the MM and I doubt it is their problem, or everyone would be having crashes: it has to be on my end, maybe my computer doesn't like GOG handling games or something like that and interferes).

Edit (11 Sep): Check on a new town in the Steam version. After hours of playing, got the error on Application Steam x64. i don't get it. The Load Order is the Vanilla Fix, then MM1, then MM2, then MM3, as stated on the mod description. I'll have to open the replay to see if it was the trader but I doubt it. So weird.

2Edit 11 Sep: I don't know what to think. I restart the game, this time with no crash even after hours of playing. This computer/game/setup is trolling me.

This is extremely weird. I don't even know what to say. I bet these errors are annoying as hell.
did you double check the banished build # version? there was a BETA release of the 1.07 before the final. did you also check your task manager to be sure you have enough available memory to handle the huge MM? after that ,double check threads on the MM to be sure there aren't any patches needed. only other thing i can think of would be the steam itself causing an issue.

since you did say it played for hours, what was the population count at the crash? maps do max out after so many years and a population level. if you did hit that limit,there is no way to go forward.
(09-20-2020, 08:52 AM)stiles Wrote: did you double check the banished build # version? there was a BETA release of the 1.07 before the final. did you also check your task manager to be sure you have enough available memory to handle the huge MM?  after that ,double check threads on the MM to be sure there aren't any patches needed. only other thing i can think of would be the steam itself causing an issue.

since you did say it played for hours, what was the population count at the crash? maps do max out after so many years and a population level. if you did hit that limit,there is no way to go forward.

It has happened with different populations, I think. What are the limits there? I've been playing for many hours these past days and it seems that this Steam version is much more stable. I think that the game is as updated as it can be. I haven't checked the task manager thing, but I hope that 16 GB is enough RAM (my 960 has 4VRAM, I hope that's enough, too).