Help with Error!
Hi! I'm getting an error that says: "A fatal access violation has occurred in Application-x64.exe and the game cannot continue!" (If this isn't the place to post something like this, please tell me and I'll move it there).

The only mods I have is the MegaMod in its 8.01 version and when I installed it I closed the game and reopened it. I'm currently using the GOG Galaxy version of the game (I don't know if this is different from the Steam version or not, or if it might be relevant).

Any kind of help would be great, as it is becoming quite annoying, since I can't seem to find what is causing it. 

Thank you!
Is the crash happening at random times while you're playing, or when you're trying to launch the game?
(08-20-2020, 08:44 AM)Vrayna Wrote: Is the crash happening at random times while you're playing, or when you're trying to launch the game?
At random times.
Those random errors are the worst.
If it's happening when a trader arrives or when you start producing a brand new ressource, it could be that you've found one item that has an error in its tag and that can't be handled correctly. If you're running only MM 8.1, it's pretty unlikely.

Something that tends to work for many people seems to be using DirectX9 instead of DirectX11. The game takes longer to load with big mods in DirectX9, but it seems to be more stable for some reason.

I suspect it could also be that at random times, one of your worker has a pathing issue, with his path getting blocked after it's been calculated. As that's pretty much impossible to replicate exactly, it's not a cause of crash that's ever been proven with certainty, but... I think that could be because of a new building being finished just at that time, or a tree seedling growing just at the foot of a bridge, blocking access. Add at least one square of road in front of all bridges and docks to be safe. Once again, no way to know for sure if that kind of stuff causes crashes, but better make sure the AI has no reason to get confused because of pathing issues.
(08-21-2020, 02:17 AM)Vrayna Wrote: Those random errors are the worst.
If it's happening when a trader arrives or when you start producing a brand new ressource, it could be that you've found one item that has an error in its tag and that can't be handled correctly. If you're running only MM 8.1, it's pretty unlikely.

Something that tends to work for many people seems to be using DirectX9 instead of DirectX11. The game takes longer to load with big mods in DirectX9, but it seems to be more stable for some reason.

I suspect it could also be that at random times, one of your worker has a pathing issue, with his path getting blocked after it's been calculated. As that's pretty much impossible to replicate exactly, it's not a cause of crash that's ever been proven with certainty, but...  I think that could be because of a new building being finished just at that time, or a tree seedling growing just at the foot of a bridge, blocking access. Add at least one square of road in front of all bridges and docks to be safe. Once again, no way to know for sure if that kind of stuff causes crashes, but better make sure the AI has no reason to get confused because of pathing issues.
Yeah, it's funny because if I reload the game (and it was like fifteen minutes before the crash) it doesn't happen. The things you point out are very interesting. Maybe it's my designing or something like that, maybe I'm putting too many roads or something like that. I'll try with DX9 and see what happens.

Thank you!

Edit: I've seen a weird thing. I have GOG Galaxy on my SSD Drive (C:/), but the game is actually installed in D:/. Could this be the issue?
I doubt install location has anything to do with the crashes. I've moved my game from D to E when I added a larger hard drive, while GoG Galaxy remained on D.
Oh. Well, I hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks anyway!
Good luck!
(08-24-2020, 01:48 AM)Vrayna Wrote: Good luck!
It still happens. I find it really weird. I can't seem to find why does it crash. I guess I'll keep reloading games or creating new towns until they crash and figure out why that happens. Anyway, thanks for the help and trying! Big Grin

Here is the crash.dmp archive, in case it helps in any way. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18AAYZLf...sp=sharing
check any info on the MM mod. make sure there are no pat5ches that are needed with it. also double check the order of the mods. unless they changed it,the MM had a couple parts. you may need a compatability mod as well. MM is not 1 that i have loaded.