Can I change the parameters in Only One Save?
I decided to try playing a game on very harsh. I've experimented with it before, but never played it seriously... My annoyance with it is that all of my orchards die before being harvested, since they only auto harvest in fall. I *could* just make the orchards smaller so it reaches 100% earlier, but I would really like to be able to change the auto harvest time to early fall instead. I would like to do that just in this one game, so that means either making a whole new mod and only activating it for this game, or going into the save file and tweaking the orchard resource file. I have no idea how to mod, so does anyone know if tweaking the resource file for a single save game is possible? If so how do I do it? If not, I'll have to open a thread in the suggestions area and continue manually harvesting for now. :/
I don't think it's possible to change the default "harvest at either 100% or start of autumn, whichever comes first" behavior. I think that kind of stuff is in a part of the AI that modding can't touch.
You could indeed make orchards smaller, and make sure you have housing / storage super close (really right next to each orchard) so your farmers never waste time during harvest, but that's about all you can do, unless yo want to go and manually hit the harvest button yourself in each orchard in late summer / early autumn.