Roads that go over hills/mountains?

Can this be done? I know that there is already a mod that allows you to place crop fields and orchards and hell even pastures on mountains and hills, but if you place them too high it can cause issues for farmers to get access to them. So I was wondering if there was a way to build roads that conform to the curvature to the mountains and hills like the pastures and crop fields can. Is there a mod already out there that allows this? because I've searched and haven't found any myself yet.

so far no. the bannies are limited on how high they can walk. new modders are like genies though.sometimes,they unlock great mysteries.

I never find such mods but I use DS Jetty & Bridge (especially the High Jetty roads) and built it over hills (it is not high enough to be built over mountain). At least, my bannies can walk through small hills now

awwww[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> that sucks. I hope someone finds a way soon to allow hillside and mountainside following roads. like i said they did it with crops and pastures. i don't see why they couldn't do it for roads. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

You'd think it would be easy, but it doesn't appear to be.

Normally, a building has a little section in its code that tells it where it's allowed to be built.  Regular ground, Hill, Mountain, Water, whatever.  So it was easy to modify the Crop Field to allow it to be built onto the hills.

But the thing with the roads is that that section of code doesn't exist for them. So there's nothing to modify to allow for hill/mountain building.

There's lots of things like this that happen behind the scenes in areas of the game that the modkit doesn't have access to.

Quote:
3 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

You'd think it would be easy, but it doesn't appear to be.

Normally, a building has a little section in its code that tells it where it's allowed to be built.  Regular ground, Hill, Mountain, Water, whatever.  So it was easy to modify the Crop Field to allow it to be built onto the hills.

But the thing with the roads is that that section of code doesn't exist for them. So there's nothing to modify to allow for hill/mountain building.

There's lots of things like this that happen behind the scenes in areas of the game that the modkit doesn't have access to.

so then could you not put a hill conforming road into the game that's marked as a building? like let's say make it be seen as a crop field but give the benefits of faster walking speed, ai following it to target destinations, etc??? you wouldn't need or want buildings like houses to build along the road on top of a hill anyway given how standard buildings don't conform to terrain and thus cause the area under the building and around the building to conform to IT rather than the other way around making the ground FLAT upon finishing any building in the first place. the benefit of the farms is that they don't force the terrain to become flat, so making it a "building" that conforms to the hill rather than JUST a road actually works in this situation. you get what i'm saying? granted this road would require work to build it rather than just placing the material down and BAM it's a road lol. so it would be more built like a BRIDGE that conforms to the terrain lol.

Mmmmm... Using the code from fields to let them naturally follow the slope, but restricting them to be 1-wide, deactivating the "work" ability in them (don't want to confuse farmers or have Work-Stopped icons everywhere) and giving them road-textures? Or a 1-wide invisible Graveyard (can they actually be tweaked to be placed on slopes?) in which people would be forbidden to bury their dead? Would that work Kralyerg?

Using "real" buildings for hill-roads wouldn't really work as you'd need to have as many buildings as you have hill sizes and slope gradients. Bridges can be any length, but their height/slope is a fixed thing, and other buildings are a fixed size and can't be click-and-dragged to the right size.

Quote:
7 hours ago, Vrayna said:

Mmmmm... Using the code from fields to let them naturally follow the slope, but restricting them to be 1-wide, deactivating the "work" ability in them (don't want to confuse farmers or have Work-Stopped icons everywhere) and giving them road-textures? Or a 1-wide invisible Graveyard (can they actually be tweaked to be placed on slopes?) in which people would be forbidden to bury their dead? Would that work Kralyerg?

Using "real" buildings for hill-roads wouldn't really work as you'd need to have as many buildings as you have hill sizes and slope gradients. Bridges can be any length, but their height/slope is a fixed thing, and other buildings are a fixed size and can't be click-and-dragged to the right size.

bingo. 

on a side note, unrelated to my thread here. but why in the hell do i return to this site to find myself logged out EVERY TIME I LOAD UP THE SITE? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> it's beyond frustrating! why can't i just keep myself logged in? ;w;

Even when ticking the option to stay logged in or to remember your login? Could be something about your cookies being cleaned from your browser automatically when you close it.

Mmmmm, cookiiiiiiiies. *drools*

hmmm this might be the case with the ....hnnng....cookies.....soft warm cookies with gooey chocolate chips are tooooooo goooooooooooooood ahnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.