Megamod compatible with Banished Plus?
Hello.  Just wondering what are the chances that Megamod will play nice with Banished Plus?  I like the idea of increased yield for the non-agriculture food production.  

There are real world empires that were built on fish as a main food source, but in this game you can't seem to feed a population of 200 with 20 fishing docks...  In fact, these Banished people seem to be extreme gluttons.  I can't believe how much they eat.  Maybe that's why they were banished from wherever they came from?

Thank you.

P.S.  I apologize if linking to the Nexus is not allowed.  Haven't seen a forum rules post other than this,  so I'm not sure if there are any taboos.  I just happened to be on the nexus for another game, and I saw a section for Banished.  Was curious to see what they had for mods.
Banished Plus is an old mod that was designed to work with vanilla Banished. It may or may not work with MegaMod and may not increase food production by the many newer buildings in MM that aren't specifically included in Banished Plus. The 1:1 aging may also create an issue or may not. All you can do is try it.

Each person needs 100 food per year; plus you should have 1-2 year's on hand to cover new buildings, new kids, failed crops, etc. That means for 200 people you need to produce more than 20,000 food per year. Note that educated workers produce 30% to 50% more than uneducated ones. Having houses and barns near food producers also maximize production. A prime fishing area is one on a river or lake that juts out so the work circle contains over 50% water and no bridges or other structures are in that circle. One fishing dock with 4 workers, placed in a prime fishing area, should produce over 2400 food. I can't imagine that your map has 20 prime fishing areas, so chances are, you are putting most of them in some rather bad spots. You can create great fishing areas by using the flatten tool on a lake to make an area jut into the lake (be sure to save before you use the flatten tool because there's no "un-do" key). You can also use the dock pieces to build out into a lake where you can have almost the entire circle in water.

In MegaMod, there are several food producers that are a bit overpowered by vanilla standards. These food producers all produce over 1000 food per year using 1 educated worker with housing & barns nearby: an 8x18 crop field (using Very Mild climate), the Hunting Blind, the Plaza from kid1293's B&B themed set, the CC Docks Rice Planter. The Greenhouses from Red Ketchup's Garden Walls mod are also great. Buildings that process food also increase the amount of food. Try the Tinneries, the Old Smokery, Old Saltery, Old Dry Shack. Trading for food, using a specialized trading post such as the Food Supplier also makes sense. Great trade items include Domesticated Animals, Trade Livestock, Statues, Perfume, Ale & Wine.
(09-08-2019, 11:47 AM)estherhb Wrote: Banished Plus is an old mod that was designed to work with vanilla Banished. It may or may not work with MegaMod and may not increase food production by the many newer buildings in MM that aren't specifically included in Banished Plus. The 1:1 aging may also create an issue or may not. All you can do is try it.

Each person needs 100 food per year; plus you should have 1-2 year's on hand to cover new buildings, new kids, failed crops, etc. That means for 200 people you need to produce more than 20,000 food per year. Note that educated workers produce 30% to 50% more than uneducated ones. Having houses and barns near food producers also maximize production. A prime fishing area is one on a river or lake that juts out so the work circle contains over 50% water and no bridges or other structures are in that circle. One fishing dock with 4 workers, placed in a prime fishing area, should produce over 2400 food. I can't imagine that your map has 20 prime fishing areas, so chances are, you are putting most of them in some rather bad spots. You can create great fishing areas by using the flatten tool on a lake to make an area jut into the lake (be sure to save before you use the flatten tool because there's no "un-do" key). You can also use the dock pieces to build out into a lake where you can have almost the entire circle in water.

In MegaMod, there are several food producers that are a bit overpowered by vanilla standards. These food producers all produce over 1000 food per year using 1 educated worker with housing & barns nearby: an 8x18 crop field (using Very Mild climate), the Hunting Blind, the Plaza from kid1293's B&B themed set, the CC Docks Rice Planter. The Greenhouses from Red Ketchup's Garden Walls mod are also great. Buildings that process food also increase the amount of food. Try the Tinneries, the Old Smokery, Old Saltery, Old Dry Shack. Trading for food, using a specialized trading post such as the Food Supplier also makes sense. Great trade items include Domesticated Animals, Trade Livestock, Statues, Perfume, Ale & Wine.

Great advice as always estherhb!

I use a mix of traders personally. I start with a Rowhome modular tiny industrial trader with 500 firewood to trade only for logs to start. I then add a full trader. This is a good base, for me, to start minor trade early. The CC dock set trader works well because of only needing logs to build. I then add 4 of Kid's tiny food traders. I use one trader for each food type then order 4 flavors from each one. These tend to be the items I use to make ale, alcohol, tinned foods, and other food luxury items down the road once I have built up some stock. You have to play with values but I set each one to by 9999 of each type per tiny food trader and use my trade items as my purchasing throttle.
After that, I start adding CC specialized traders as needed as well as maybe one or two more the rowhome tiny traders as needed.

One trader that is finicky about placement however is Discrepancy's Jetty and Bridge food traders. They require some placement finesse but man, do they bring in some food and other supplies. I find them on par with the CC specialized traders. EB's specialized traders are also good for later game trading.

In the end, find that "flow" which fits your gameplay style. It is a sandbox after all so have fun with it and experiment.