Mods to increase performance?
Hello all.  I was just wondering if there are any mods (or tweaks or file settings) that can increase performance in endgame?  The fps seems to tank in this game after like 300 population.  

I heard that there is a mod somewhere that removes smoke, but I can't seem to find it.

Any help appreciated.  Have a great day!
I would suggest browsing this thread. It gives a good insight to the video setting for the game. As for performance mods, there are not many. This is the "No Smoke" mod you where looking for, https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/foru...d-No-Smoke

I currently have a map with over 1200 citizens running on a 4-year-old laptop. I can only work on that map for around 30 mins before I have to save and restart the game. Running it over 2x speed makes for a choppy game as well the higher your citizen count is. After a while, your citizens start to "lose" commands in the AI as the population grows. You can find at times citizens stalling running at max speed or even 5x when you start having higher citizen counts. One thing I have noticed is when using ghost objects it can but a bit more stress on the map. I try to keep my map size to medium to help mitigate some of the video issues as well as really try to min/max my traders as well as I have found having 10-12 traders moving in the water can also cause some of the chops later in the game.
(09-07-2019, 10:38 AM)SoulBlythe Wrote: I would suggest browsing this thread. It gives a good insight to the video setting for the game. As for performance mods, there are not many. This is the "No Smoke" mod you where looking for, https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/foru...d-No-Smoke

I currently have a map with over 1200 citizens running on a 4-year-old laptop. I can only work on that map for around 30 mins before I have to save and restart the game. Running it over 2x speed makes for a choppy game as well the higher your citizen count is. After a while, your citizens start to "lose" commands in the AI as the population grows. You can find at times citizens stalling running at max speed or even 5x when you start having higher citizen counts. One thing I have noticed is when using ghost objects it can but a bit more stress on the map. I try to keep my map size to medium to help mitigate some of the video issues as well as really try to min/max my traders as well as I have found having 10-12 traders moving in the water can also cause some of the chops later in the game.
Thank you for the help.  I have also discovered that mining causes a big hit for some reason.  When I go minimal on the mines, I can go a lot longer without the FPS dip.
started using the BL no smoke mod.  It does seem to make a difference.  Also shut off shadows and reflections completely as someone else recommended.  We'll see how it goes.