Cotton Plantation Yield: 65ish

if happends i would add reeds to RKEC .... i would fix those too. to have a waterworld doesnt justify they are so small and so OP. space or number of tiles are the same in a lake than on the ground. the farms could be 10x10 with an output equivalent to a 11x11 crop. there is absolutely no need to be able to put 10 of those farms in a 12x12 and get 5,300 reeds per year. unless you need 80-100 of them to make a coat [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

but that is MY vision of things... i know it is not shared by everyone [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> i always try to get a good balance [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

The <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Dock Set was sized so it could fit on the larger rivers as well as lakes. That could explain why some buildings are small. A 10x10 Reed Farm would not fit on a large river.  Because these buildings can be placed on lakes, large rivers and many on the ground, I find them very versatile and use them a lot.  I don't create large groups of any one piece, whether it's reed farms, rice planters, etc. so the fact that some may seem overpowered really don't affect my game.  I can name a number of other pieces in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and other mods that could be considered overpowered as well, but built in moderation, it just isn't an issue to me and I'm enjoying using them. 

If you create your own Dock District, you can have whatever parameters you want - maybe they will only fit on lakes?

i didnt thought about rivers........ i never did a dock set [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

there is no way to say lake or river. the code we can give is water and deepwater. the main river has also lot of deepwater

I was talking about the size of the structure being too big to fit in a river. You don't want to block boats from going by either visually or actually. A 10x10 structure would barely fit in a river, especially since most rivers have little areas that are running horizontal or vertical.

Quote:
12 minutes ago, estherhb said:

I was talking about the size of the structure being too big to fit in a river. You don't want to block boats from going by either visually or actually. A 10x10 structure would barely fit in a river, especially since most rivers have little areas that are running horizontal or vertical.

for sure a 10x10 doesnt fit in a river ! 

but i was just giving an example to talk about waterworld. space inside a giant lake is same as space of a giant plains.

Possibly the biggest imbalance in the trading/production mini-game is firewood at 4 per. It is such a rapidly accumulated early-game resource and now that I've discovered its trade value I suspect this whole balance discussion is moot. On my Waterworld map I dumped the reed farms and ropes, put up a few more forester/chopper combos to accelerate firewood production and everything else I need is flowing in through traders with firewood as payment.

The value of Firewood was set in the vanilla game. Even when I played vanilla, I've NEVER been good at producing enough Firewood for trade for some reason so I've always relied on Ale. With all of the other great trade items, I don't even have to rely on alcohol anymore. There are Statues, Domesticated Animals, Trade Livestock, Perfume (if using Red Ketchup's mods), etc. (and I still use Reeds). By the way, I don't make Firewood anymore since I discovered that the Stacks Burner makes 11 Charcoal (worth 3 each) from one log!