Xmas Challenge 2016: 2 Games to Give-away

Quote:
7 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

I see someone has already posted

Just one... so you'll let them run unchallenged? Hrmphhh... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

Started to yesterday, and it was disastrous. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/angry.png[/img]/emoticons/angry@2x.png 2x" title=">:(" width="20" />Said, "The hell with it, I'm starting over". I am not going to Debug! Wish their was an option to disable it when selecting start conditions to remove that evil temptation. Debug is the devil! Sinners!!  ..but not really.

Quote:
1 hour ago, PredatorBeing said:

that evil temptation

LOL... easily tempted, huh? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Just disable it in your modlist, at least you won't have the icon under your nose all the time [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

But really, debug (mod) is a must (for me)... be it quick testing of mods, beta testing, trying complicated layouts (then return to an earlier save), or a late-game decoration pass before screenshotting, or or or...

Actually I know only one mod that explicitly prevents debug, and I hate it... to a point where it is a game-breaker (again, for me). Worse because it's a wonderful mod [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
2 minutes ago, Paeng said:

LOL... easily tempted, huh? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Just disable it in your modlist, at least you won't have the icon under your nose all the time [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Not in my mod list unfortunately, using <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.

Quote:
15 hours ago, Paeng said:

Actually I know only one mod that explicitly prevents debug, and I hate it... to a point where it is a game-breaker (again, for me). Worse because it's a wonderful mod [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I agree with you on this. It has even made it hard to test DSSV's compatibility with it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> and it is a shame, because it is a wonderful mod, stunningly beautiful.

What mod is this that prevents debug?

the north, by making a copy of the dialog/help.rsc file and renaming it debug.rsc - I think.

I have tried making a debug mod to counteract it for mod testing, but because we don't have access to the original debug.rsc I can't do it.

Hm. That seems like a strange thing to do.

Quote:
29 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

Hm. That seems like a strange thing to do.

Well, that mod is rather demanding in many aspects, actually you need to "un-learn" most of what you know about Banished, so he wants to keep cheaters from just debugging through the game... however, serious (read: passionate) players have learned the new stuff after 2 or 3 play-throughs, and then that restriction becomes a bother... or forces you to just play a beta instead (where debug is not disabled)... So yeah - I can understand and even respect the reasoning behind it, but it quickly kills immersion... after all, seasoned players may debug certain things in a running game, but never to artificially advance their progress.

Just tried out that mod "The North". Very nice, love the herds of reindeer and the grass. Tried Survival on harsh, you got to be kidding me. Got purrty pics out of it though. Some reindeer shots for the Christmas thread. 

[Image: Screenshot3_zpsvkmgtprv.png]

[Image: Screenshot1_zpssy2xnwu9.png]